Let's See Your Folding Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kj92

Thanks @Tenkaykev - it's pretty basic, there's a couple of basic things I need to add to the Bike like the Brompton Toolkit, but I'm still debating whether to add the rear rack to it so I can store and transport it more easily.

Also - not sure which lock to go with too!

shingwell

There are some lovely pics of very nice bikes on this thread, but as it is about folding bikes... please can we have more pictures of the bikes actually folded? ^_^ :okay:

Gunk

Guru
There are some lovely pics of very nice bikes on this thread, but as it is about folding bikes... please can we have more pictures of the bikes actually folded? ^_^ :okay:

kj92

I always think a folded folding bike looks like it's been in some kind of terrible accident.

Once seen... I cannot unsee! They're still cool though :becool:

This was me shopping for a couple of bits in B&Q yesterday (was very sensible, followed all rules, didn't go to the store as soon as it was announced they'd opened, and disinfected the trolley after use!!)

Gunk

Guru
Evening!

New member here - I have a modest little Brompton B75, haven't modified it yet but there's a couple of small adjustments I want to make in time!

View attachment 519220

I missed this post, welcome to the forum, lovely Brompton, personally I like the simplicity of the B75.

kj92

I hadn't thought of that option. Must try that -no need to worry about bike security if you've got it with you.
Admittedly I haven't got a bike lock so I had no choice but I suppose it's a way of eliminating the risk!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I had this M3L for a few years but sold it on YACF, the next owner rode it to a podium position in the Brompton Worlds at Blenheim Palace, oddly I took part in a 'cross race at the same venue on the same day, on the most boring course ever devised (it was pan flat, and the grass was dry)
53geCTa.jpg

The flat I live in now is smaller than the last one, but it has outside space to store full-sized bikes so I wasn't using it so much.

I had this one for a while, used it for day rides, one tour, nice weather commuting. For some reason I entered the local evening 10 on it. Originally I bought it so I could store it in my flat, but then I got to like the skinny tyre thing and it led to bike proliferation. Road bike, then TT bike, then winter bike, then 'cross bike. God damn.

ArUWSas.jpg

Evening!

New member here - I have a modest little Brompton B75, haven't modified it yet but there's a couple of small adjustments I want to make in time!

View attachment 519220
Hello from Dorchester- I am also new to folding bikes (brought a Bickerton a few weeks ago). I would like to start a Facebook group for folding bike owners of Dorset, perhaps for a rideout when lockdown is finished.

Here's my Bickerton 'Pilot' which I've owned for a few weeks, used mainly for my short journey to work but hope to extend the range of uses. Upcoming mods will be a change of rack/bag and some barends.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    282.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    222.2 KB · Views: 27

kj92

Hello from Dorchester- I am also new to folding bikes (brought a Bickerton a few weeks ago). I would like to start a Facebook group for folding bike owners of Dorset, perhaps for a rideout when lockdown is finished.

That sounds cool. Shame I'm not in the area!

Top Bottom