Let's See Your Folding Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kell

Veteran
You might get away with it on a train.
I brought a Pashley PDQ back from Kings Lynn on the train with no great drama, and that didn't fold at all.
I've also taken a Mission Trike on a train, although I just put it in the door area and sat on it.
People may have assumed I was disabled, which after riding a trike from Peterborough wasn't so far from the truth.
Didn't get on with the PDQ. It was too twitchy for my liking, and I've done tours, Ventoux and 50mph on a Brompton!

I used to see a guy regularly take a Moulton on his train without much fuss. I think people assume it folds because it has small wheels.

Similarly, the opposite was true when I had my full-size Dahon Lock Jaw. Because it looked like a 'normal' bike, I had guards as well as fellow passengers telling me I couldn't take it on the train.

Until I folded it and shut them up.

Last edited:

straas

Matt
1605024159564.png
Picking up 4kg of dog food on my lunch break? No probs for the brompty pompty.

Gunk

Guru
These basket conversions are proving popular, mine takes a fair old bit of weight. Brompton will be selling them themselves soon!

straas

Matt
These basket conversions are proving popular, mine takes a fair old bit of weight. Brompton will be selling them themselves soon!

Makes the Brompty so much more useful for shopping. I was going to get a net, but if you just tie up a shopping bag stuff stays pretty much in place.

Only negative is there's a decent lag time between arriving home and being able to consume any of the beers you've purchased, unless you can find some glassy smooth roads to the local bottle shop.

Gunk

Guru
The only folding bike that takes up more space folded than unfolded!

Top Bottom