Let's talk fishing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hicky

Guru
Managed to bag this recently, there's two in there and this is the bigger of them, my son very nearly caught it a few months ago in the heat.

Attachments

• BUGT0564[1].JPG
    BUGT0564[1].JPG
    201 KB · Views: 4

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Managed to bag this recently, there's two in there and this is the bigger of them, my son very nearly caught it a few months ago in the heat.
View attachment 609600

that is a strange colour for a Common. I have never in all my years seen one that looked as 'orange' like that.

Milzy

Guru
If you need to eat then fishing is a great way of hunting. However to catch a carp only to throw it straight back is like a fool, waiting for another fool to bite the bait. I’ll never be hooked on Fishing.

13 rider

Guru
Just back from my annual holiday course fishing trip down here in Cornwall . Fish a lovely lake for bream most people fish the feeder but I float fish at 25 yards had about 25 bream mainly about 1lb but a couple of 3lbers a couple of crucian carp a few small roach and an eel about 2lb ( I hate eels) great fight in the water then a wrestling match in the landing net to unhook it !! . Lovely day out

numbnuts

Legendary Member
If you need to eat then fishing is a great way of hunting. However to catch a carp only to throw it straight back is like a fool, waiting for another fool to bite the bait. I’ll never be hooked on Fishing.
We NEVER throw fish back if your course fishing they are handled with repect and loving care.

carpiste

Guru
You obviously never tried to catch Carp, or most fish in fact! It`s called fishing because it isn`t easy to catch these things! There is a lot of skill and patience involved otherwise it would be called catching!
I would challenge you to watch Bob and Paul go fishing on Channel 4 and then you might realise there is so much more to fishing than landing fish. Nature, being out in nature, peace, quiet and time for contemplation.
You realise there are people out there who moan and decry cycling being shown on tv during the TDF!
I`ll never be "hooked" on dancing but I wouldn`t try to talk MrsC from watching Strictly come dancing! Each to his/ her own I say.

Top Bottom