Letting Down Car Tyres.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Impressed by your knowledge pale rider. What would you have to do to a car to go to prison?

You could get locked up for criminal damage if the damage was of a sufficiently high value.

Putting a dent in several panels of an expensive new car could cost thousands to fix, so that might do it.

thanks for the reply pale rider.

will desist :smile:

D

Deleted member 26715

You could get locked up for criminal damage if the damage was of a sufficiently high value.
Putting a dent in several panels of an expensive new car could cost thousands to fix, so that might do it.
What about putting dents in a cheap car? say a 2007 Kia Cee'd?

Has anyone actually told a driver that their driving was unacceptable? If so, what was the outcome?
I have politely told two drivers who gave me a close pass. The first was an elderly gentleman who very politely apologised and said that he had`nt realised he was so close ( just before a junction).
The second driver came past, nothing coming the other way on a straight piece of road and I put my hand in the air and gesticulated to move over. He slowed down and almost stopped and as I came along side him he asked what was wrong ? I politely said that in my opinion that he passed me too closely and he argued that he had`nt. I could have started a war but what was the point ? I just said that I wanted to stay safe and continued. For about a couple of hundred yards he drove slowly in front of me before speeding on. You never know how the other person will react. In the second instance I was in the middle of the countryside, he could have pulled a knife on me and nobody would have ever have known. Stay safe in all ways.

screenman

Legendary Member

Not if they got me to fix it, I do get your point though.

Brains

Legendary Member
If you let down tyres for a causing a traffic offence then only let down ONE tyre, ideally the front drivers side one, and let it down fully all the way to flat.

This will mean that:
  • The driver should spot the problem before they get in
  • If they don't it should be very obvious as soon as they try to drive
  • Most importantly, they will have to swap the tyre with the spare and then pay a garage to 'fix' the flat tyre.
You will have made your point, nothing more needs to be said

If you let down all the tyres it's then obvious what happened and they just pump them up again.
If you partially let down tyres, that can be very dangerous, not just for the driver but also totally innocent people around.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Exactly what point will you have made? The driver will have long forgotten the close pass even if he or she realised it at the time, and in any case would not relate the two. Punctures on car tyres are not actually unheard of.

It's just a silly and childish thing to do. If you feel you must make the driver aware of what they did, telling them politely and even a bit humorously is the action most likely to get a positive response. And it avoids the possibility of the driver coming back while you are doing the deed and kicking the crap out of you.

If you let down tyres for a causing a traffic offence then only let down ONE tyre, ideally the front drivers side one, and let it down fully all the way to flat.

This will mean that:
  • The driver should spot the problem before they get in
  • If they don't it should be very obvious as soon as they try to drive
  • Most importantly, they will have to swap the tyre with the spare and then pay a garage to 'fix' the flat tyre.

If you let down all the tyres it's then obvious what happened and they just pump them up again.
If you partially let down tyres, that can be very dangerous, not just for the driver but also totally innocent people around.
You have clearly given this some thought brains :smile:

I commend your post.

Though will be careful not to cross you.

Guilty as charged.

I have a small number of times pulled drivers' wipers outwards. Not broken i stress though sends a message that i could have done. Pretty sure i have done it in italy a couple of times where the blatant parking in cycle lanes can be a thing to behold. Once had some guy drive in at right angles to the lane, blocking it immediately in front of me.

al78

Guru
Why not leave a not under the windscreen wiper. The driver will then at least get some feedback, what they do with that feedback is up to them and beyond your control. Tampering with their vehicle might be tempting but it is an emotional passive-aggressive response, not a logical one.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Don't mess about with letting down tires or leaving notes.
This is all they understand:

car-fire-1_1831458c.jpg

Top Bottom