Letting Down Car Tyres.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Don't start something you can't finish. Messing around with someone's car is playing with fire. Get caught in the act and you might find yourself up against a very irate bloke with a baseball bat or iron bar in his hand who isn't exactly in the mood for a friendly chat about safe overtaking.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
You're still playing a dangerous game. If you use a route regularly and the driver uses the same route regularly, there's a good chance your paths may cross again. If he suspects you to have tampered with his car, and there are no witnesses about, what's to stop him driving up behind you and ramming you off the road?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Do you think letting all the air out of the tyres would stop everyone from driving away without realising? I would bet good money that it wouldn't, and once they drive away they are at high risk of having a collision and the person that let down the tyres has committed an act that led to this.

I would like to think so but I probably have unjustified faith in human nature, your bum will tell you that you have just got in a car that is 4" lower than normal.
Honestly - there are some unobservant and stupid drivers about!!! :eek: :wacko:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Try the stealth route. Smear all the door handles with a very generous coating of lithium grease. Watch the owner's return from a discreet distance...….and snigger.
Novichok. It's the only language they understand.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Several times, if done politely the usual outcome is an apology.
Same here. I firmly believe that the vast majority of "inappropriate" driving incidents (such as close passes) are just down to a lack of appreciation of how it feels as a cyclist.

If I can politely explain that it really isn't nice, they apologise. Chances are they will take the lesson onboard for the future which is what everyone wants, right? Ranting and raving will not have such a positive effect

Top Bottom