Lidl, 17/3/14

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Are the designs as ugly as ever? I bought some socks, horrid, never worn! Should offer for the cost of postage really, although given the price of stamps, probably cost more than the socks!

MikeW-71

Veteran
Picked up a couple of pairs of shorts in Medium, which is the smallest they do. They are JUST small enough for me, so they'll be OK for commuting and knocking about.

Got a track pump, shorts and a jersey and a new helmet. The mrs got a water bottle! God I treat her well :smile:
Can the track pump be taken apart for basic servicing - lubricating O-rings and maybe even replacing? I eventually decided (I'm a slow learner on bike techie stuff) that any pump that can't is a false economy - too dear by half. A track pump of mine stopped working properly - all it needed was a bit of grease.

Are the designs as ugly as ever? I bought some socks, horrid, never worn! Should offer for the cost of postage really, although given the price of stamps, probably cost more than the socks!

The socks Lidl used to do a few years ago were excellent - fairly thick coolmax. About £1.50 at times I think. More recently they have become infected by the desire to look like performance wear rather than just BEING performance wear made of decent material.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
The socks Lidl used to do a few years ago were excellent - fairly thick coolmax. About £1.50 at times I think. More recently they have become infected by the desire to look like performance wear rather than just BEING performance wear made of decent material.
- and they are much too short.

.stu

Über Member
Went last night - all the track pumps had gone. Was after some long fingered gloves, but they were all fingerless. Almost bought some shorts, but the last pair I got the stitching didn't last long so didn't bother in the end.

Bryony

Veteran
I got the saddle pack with the tool kit and a womens cycling base layer which fits really nice, my OH got a jersey, some socks, mitts, saddle pack and a mini pump. Must admit we're very pleased with our purchases!

MikeW-71

Veteran
I found all the mitts were way too big for me. Got my sister a couple of light sets, they seem very nice and bright!

AlanTh

Had a look.

Rather disappointing.

Went for the helmet as a spare but the fastening didn't seem quite right.

Pity.

I didn't like the helmets at all. The adjuster at the back came apart in the shop as I was trying it out, Pretty flimsy product all round really. IMO

The Lidl near me opens in a few months. Will have to just cycle into town but as I work the other way I feel like it's going to be a wasted journey even if I do it tomorrow given how quickly these things get snapped up. After a couple of helmets mainly.

Got Mitts, Socks, Long Shorts.^_^

Panniers looked decent quality, I have a set but would have been tempted otherwise - they are velcro fastening though so once there on its best to leave on.

Plenty of pumps, bags, gloves and computers. Smaller sizes only in helmets.

This was Mirfield BTW which will be ok for Huddersfield/Dewsbury/Halifax area if your local is missing something and want to try another.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bought two bike hoists from Lidl and now both my bikes are off the floor and suspended from my cellar ceiling, making it tidier, all for £11.98.

I didn't like the helmets at all. The adjuster at the back came apart in the shop as I was trying it out, Pretty flimsy product all round really. IMO

Mine didn't but I had issues with the straps - had problems getting them straight - partly because they were so soft. I'm sure the thing meets all requisite standards when its on (it's a legal requirement) but I couldn't be doing with all that fuss. The built-in light was superfluous as well. Maybe they'll get it right next time for many cycling helmets are definitely over-priced and could benefit from some Aldi/Lidl input.

Top Bottom