Lidl, 17/3/14

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mountainbiker1

I bought Lidl Ortlieb lookalike panniers in 2007. They worked very well in wet mid Wales and only now need replacing. I can't find out from either Lidl or Aldi wheter and when they will have any similar in store in the near future. They cost £9 each if my memory serves against Ortlieb's £35! Well worth the hunt.
Anyone have any leads for similar? They are wearing a bit thin... Cheers,

I'm not sure that's such a good deal to be honest mountainbiker.

I'm all for saving cash and not being swayed by marketing "aspirational" b*** but I think some bike things are worth paying for. I bought a pair of super-posh Ortleibs for £100 (maybe more) late last millenium and they still look good as new. They've been used for loads of shopping including tins. Probably paid for themselves several times over as I don't drive and they allowed me to pedal to more economic shops (including Lidl!) to do a fair bit of shopping. And no bus fares. They may outlive me (must put them in any will I get round to)

My local Lidl had the cycling gear, along with all other Monday offers, on sale this pm. Water bottle seems watertight, mitts and jerseys ok - the dark jersey is highly reflective. Shorts/ 3/4 shorts have a thin pad but having tried the shorts on the indoor trainer they seem more comfortable than my Endura padded undershorts. The padding does seem to be thinner on the modesty panel with consequential third leg appearance. They have an elasticated /tie up waistband and an internal coin pocket. Think the Tenn shorts from Halfords for £10 in their sale are a better buy as they have a thicker pad.

Your not wrong about the shorts been a bit third leg encouraging although I got mine to go under some MTB style baggies I have, tried them today under a pair of normal leggings and they are fine.

Thanks for that.

That bikestand looks nice.

I know some folk used to rate the Lidl workstand - is that the one they would have been talking about or has the design changed?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Thanks for that.

That bikestand looks nice.

I know some folk used to rate the Lidl workstand - is that the one they would have been talking about or has the design changed?
It looks identical to the LiDL I bought a couple of years ago, which works fine.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Not too keen on holding a carbon fibre frame frame by the top tube can that rotate and hold be seat tube ? If so I think I will be buying one!

Top Bottom