Lidl Gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Does anyone have any idea what their Pannier Bag set is like?
Quite good really. I got a set a couple of years back and still use them today. I've only used the top bag about twice as it's a bit cumbersome but still handy if I had a lot to shift. I've used them mercilessly for tools and shoppingand found them to be fine. The fastening system works and they stay put. They are not entirely waterproof but they did come with a cover, which I don't bother with. If anything needs to stay dry I make sure its in a bin bag as well.
For the price they are fantastic. The only fault I'd pick is that they don't look particularly great but that's small potatoes compared to the pros.

Davehateshills

Got myself one jersey, one soft shell jacket, one pair of bib trousers, a pair of socks and a high viz bib. All of it fits and the quality feels really good too. A nice little bargain at £46 for the lot. ^_^

D

Deleted member 23692

Nipped down to the local one, and was surprised by how little clothing they had in - plenty of helmets and saddles though. They looked do be doing stock take so I assume (hope) they're holding stuff in the back so they don't have to count it!.

Anyhoo, picked up some arm/leg warmers and some bibs

outlash

also available in orange
Popped down to my local one (St. Neots) earlier and bought a pair of the trousers and a couple of pairs of gloves. For the price, I'm not complaining...

Tony..

WhiteWolf

Regular
Just come back having spent £40.
Socks (2 pairs each)
Gloves (pair each)
Jersey (bought for me but gone to SWMBO as a little too tight for my rotund frame :whistle:)
Bib (snug but feels ok)
Pump (for a fiver tis worth a shot)
& Glasses (as spares)

Our store (Bishops Cleeve, Nr Cheltenham) had plenty of panniers and saddles. Limited numbers of socks, gloves and clothing.

Andy :bicycle:

compo

Veteran
Silly Lidl, selling panniers and not a pannier rack. I have the panniers from the last sale (and never used them) and now want to use them on my town bike. Looks like a visit to Ebay is in order.

Alan57

Bought a pair of bibs and a pair of tights , both seem pretty good , i`ve also got 2 pairs of their 3/4 length tights from last year which have lasted well and light enough for summer ???? use. Also bought the soft shell and cycling jersey which are going back , jersey too tight for me and the soft shell is very warm , even in the winter I am generally ok with a t-shirt and jacket, so I think the soft shell will just be to warm. Still got the Gilet from last year as well which is a good bit of kit just right for when there`s a slight chill in the air.

Cringles

Only managed to get the gloves for winter. For some reason the left index finger is tighter than the rest of the fingers!

The vultures must have beat me to it as things were out of packets & most of it was either small or XL.

Really went in just to get the overshoes, but had none my size :sad:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Only managed to get the gloves for winter. For some reason the left index finger is tighter than the rest of the fingers!

The vultures must have beat me to it as things were out of packets & most of it was either small or XL.

Really went in just to get the overshoes, but had none my size :sad:

Small???? my constant whinge is that they don't do small for men - I would have bought the bib longs if they did - looked like great value.

Top Bottom