Lidl Sports offers? Starts Thurdsay 28 July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There does seem to be fluctuation in quality. But then with things like jackets, you're paying a quarter of what you'd expect to pay at Wiggle etc. I remember having arguments with Bonj (who doesn't) about the quality of Aldi jackets. He'd got one home and the zip had gone, so they were all crap. Zips were one issue people seemed to have with them.
I bought red and black ALDI gilets. The front zip toggle went on the red one and the rear zip mechanism on the black one after wearing them on a couple of rides, but they are still in use several years later so overall I think they were still value for money.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Got one a couple of miles from work, so I think I'll make a detour on the way in on Thursday.

Not sure about that wall bracket - it looks a bit flimsy.

007fair

Last year I bought a bunch of stuff from a similar Lidl sale. The track pump is still in use and gets to 100psi but no more But enough for me The clothing has been ideal and can't really fault it for the price The only issue was the rain jacket hood which was too small but not a big problem because I don't use the hood cos of the helmet I want either the stand and / or the wall bracket but I agree with earlier post - the wall bracket does look flimsy

Just picked up the workstand, most difficult part was not thinking ahead and turning up on my bike.... Bit of string and 10 mins later and its tied onto my rucksack, must have looked quite strange pedaling with that on my back!

Didnt grab anything else as have other stuff.....

Tyke

Just got the workstand, easy to assemble, wide base seems quite stable with two different bikes, tidy when folded, very impressed for £30

2PedalsTez

Über Member
Arrived at my local Lidl early to find a queue! Doors opened and everyone spilled in heading straight for the bike stuff!
The stands won't last past 10am and there seemed plenty of interest in the other kit. Picked up a stand and a bike rack for the kids bikes (it seems fairly sturdy to look at)

Respect to the post that carried the bike stand on his bike!

Respect to the post that carried the bike stand on his bike!

To be fair it was only a mile back to work and its sat on the desk now. Going to train home with it and come back into town for the chariot tonight. Just didnt think at all and was more worried about getting there early :thumbsup:!

As it was, no queue and a fair amount of kit, this was at Hunslet Leeds store.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I drove the 7 miles to my local Lidl and was first in. No queues of cyclists outside just some retired couples in their cars. 1 old guy on his own, sat in his car shouting into his mobile. I picked up a repair stand (there seemed to be about 20 of them), gel seat cover for GF and 2 packs of rechargable AA's. Back out and on my way home at 8:05.

Oh the joys of the long summer break :whistle: .

Davidc

Guru
I'm not after any of this sale's stuff, but have bought in Lidl's bike sales.

My experience has been generally good, but certainly not 100% so.

Track pump gets easily to 90 psi (max for my present tyres) and will do 100. It's lasted just over 6 months so far. BUT a friend bought one and it failed after about 3 months.
I have 2 pairs of their size 44 cycle shoes, one is 18 months old and still OK, the other just over 6 months and going strong. The original laces were rubbish. Comfortable good shoes.
I bought 2 pairs of their mitts. OK for the money but didn't last very long. Useful as a second pair in the saddlebag.
I bought 1 pair of their gloves. See mitts.
I have one of their kick stands on one bike. Excellent.
Bought one of their tool kits. Went to the metal recycling bin at the tip after damaging two hex heads.
Using some of their low self discharge NiMH batteries for bike and household purposes. OK so far, about 8 months I think.

Top Bottom