Lidl Sports offers? Starts Thurdsay 28 July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tinckelly

Got a work stand, which is now set up in my garden and carrying my Carrera Subway.

It's pretty sturdy. Though it was a bit of a squeeze to get the top bar of the bike in the clamp. The top tube of my Subway is quite fat.

Other than that, no complaints for under 30 quid.

leroy

Got the cycle pants and the Mini foot pump.

Strange sizes on the pants - Medium is 38 waist apparently!!

Work stands still in stock at Chaddeton, Oldham store if anyone around there is interested

Got a work stand, which is now set up in my garden and carrying my Carrera Subway.

It's pretty sturdy. Though it was a bit of a squeeze to get the top bar of the bike in the clamp. The top tube of my Subway is quite fat.

Other than that, no complaints for under 30 quid.

Will watch out for that as I'm on a Subway as well :thumbsup:

leroy

Got 2 wall brackets Certainly stronger than they look in the photo

I was just about to get the wall bracket when I rang my pops about something else, and he told me I have one in the garage from when i was a kid, still in good condition - now thats a bargain!

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
OK not lidl but Aldi.:

I've been in a few times, late afternoon, when the cycle stuffs come out. All the extreme sizes and wierd colours left on the racks etc.

Every time I've asked the staff and they've had more boxes in the back, just not had chance to get it out yet. So with a customer asking, they went and got it :smile:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Bought a work stand this morning only one left after I got mine, mind you at that price i.e. 20 quid less than a similar but not as good Decathlon one then no surprise.

Cosmicned

Got there 9am - plenty of the bike stuff left... (well this IS Swindon after all... :rolleyes:) nabbed two of the long cycle trousers - great value at £8.99 - Large easily fits my fat arsed 6' frame... very good & comfy pad too... nabbed a quick puncture repair jobbie too - dunno if any good but gotta be worth a punt if the p***ture fairy pays a visit during the commute... impressed... and cheers for the heads up guys...:thumbsup:

Tinckelly

Will watch out for that as I'm on a Subway as well :thumbsup:

I'm new to biking (after a gap of 16 years) and bought my Subway second-hand. Would those with more experience classify it as a heavy bike, because I really don't remember my previous bikes (Ridge back and Marin Sausalito hybrids) being as being as difficult to lift. Maybe I'm just older, and weaker.

I'm new to biking (after a gap of 16 years) and bought my Subway second-hand. Would those with more experience classify it as a heavy bike, because I really don't remember my previous bikes (Ridge back and Marin Sausalito hybrids) being as being as difficult to lift. Maybe I'm just older, and weaker.

I woudnt decribe it as particularly heavy but its my no means a lightweight bike, its certainly no iron mongers machine at least. I got mine on C2W as a basic machine to get me from A>B and its done the job admirably.

Then again I am a 6ft male so if you are a small lady it may feel a lot heavier!

Tinckelly

I woudnt decribe it as particularly heavy but its my no means a lightweight bike, its certainly no iron mongers machine at least. I got mine on C2W as a basic machine to get me from A>B and its done the job admirably.

Then again I am a 6ft male so if you are a small lady it may feel a lot heavier!

Not small lady, but obviously weakling.
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom