Lidl Sports offers? Starts Thurdsay 28 July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wednesday

There was plenty of pretty much everything on the website left in Brighton at 4pm, so if anyone couldn't make it today it's probably worth a look tomorrow.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
This guy has been selling these for some time now. At first I thought he'd bought a load of Lidl stock but I think he has them from the manufacturer. They seem to be exactly the same as the Lidl stand.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
The workstand and computer were sold out already at our local store this afternoon. I nipped to the one on the other side of town and knew I'd be in luck as soon as I saw the other customers in the car park; it was quite clear immediately that none of them were cyclists.;)

Got a workstand, computer and base layer. The work stand seems rather good, especially at that price. The computer is a little awkward as fitting the sensor unit to my aero carbon forks with less than 2mm clearance to the magnet seems a bit precarious. Anyone got experience of doing this? I'm concerned the sensor will move when I go over the bumps.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Took a leisurely ride to the Felixstowe store earlier in order to pick up a spare seat pack/tool set as I didn't really need anything else. Loads of stock of everything at 12:30ish and they were adding another dozen or so of the work stands to the three left on display.

I'm still working out what sort of madness made me cycle the 2 1/2 miles home with a work stand resting on the handlebar and my left hip! Thankfully I'd taken the Boardman hybrid instead of a road bike.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We were working up the West Coast today, north of Ullapool and there is no Lidl there. We came home via Dingwall and popped in to the Lidl there, not hopeful at all but thought it was worth a look.
There was a big pallet load of bike stands, we got cycling shorts each and rain jackets. I had to get a medium gents one as all the ladies ones were gone except for the XS size and at 5'8", I couldn't be XS if I got up early and practiced. I got a cycing top as well.
While we were there, we discoverd that Branston Beans are on offer for 99p for a pack of 4 cans so we got 2 packs of beans too. All in all, a good trip.

Might go back tomorrow to see if there any stands left as they would be ideal for keeping the bikes out of the way of the dogs as well as for working on them.

Jakaan 1984

Dropped into Lidl the night before the sale , people where buying the stuff as the staff where putting it out. So I obliged & bought the puncture spray, which I've used before with great success.

Judderz

Did you get them from the Tyldesley store? I hope there is one left for me on the way home!!

Yep from the Tyldesley store....hope you get one.

Just put the work stand up, bike attached, does the job well.

The base layer fits great, and does its job well.

The computer works fine too.

MrHappyCyclist said:
The computer is a little awkward as fitting the sensor unit to my aero carbon forks with less than 2mm clearance to the magnet seems a bit precarious. Anyone got experience of doing this? I'm concerned the sensor will move when I go over the bumps.

I have kind of the same forks, so a tiny bit of blu tac between sensor and forks has done the trick.

Wednesday

There was a big pallet load of bike stands, we got cycling shorts each and rain jackets. I had to get a medium gents one as all the ladies ones were gone except for the XS size and at 5'8", I couldn't be XS if I got up early and practiced.

I tried on a women's one in medium which is plenty big enough for me and it was pretty short for a rain jacket. If the men's are longer you're probably better off with that anyway.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
chapeau to anyone who cycled home with a work stand. It must have weighted 10Kg and didnt even fit in the boot of my Fiat Punto!

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
I'm still working out what sort of madness made me cycle the 2 1/2 miles home with a work stand resting on the handlebar and my left hip! Thankfully I'd taken the Boardman hybrid instead of a road bike.
chapeau to anyone who cycled home with a work stand. It must have weighted 10Kg and didnt even fit in the boot of my Fiat Punto!
+1. I went in the car ... lazy sod.

I didn't manage to get out to Lidl yesterday, got in the door and said to the wife we needed "to go out straight away", 20 minutes later she's ready and we'd not have been able to make it to the shop. On being told this she responded "Oh I didn't know you meant straight away".

Any chance of them having stock left do you think?

Danny251

Purchased the work stand and it's amazing value for money. It's very sturdy and holds my heavy hybrid with ease. For 30 quid you can't go wrong.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Top Bottom