Lidl's cycling gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
Don't need clothes or tools so just got the bluetooth heart rate strap. Connected easily to my Galaxy S3 with Strava, so I is happy :smile:

I bought a HRM yesterday and it will pair with my Note 4 but not my old S3 LTE.

What O.S is your S3 running?

Jody

Stubborn git
Is it worth me making a special journey, of extra 15 miles, to look at their HRM. If it won't work with a Windows phone it'll be a waste of time. Anyone know if it will work with all smart phones.
I use Sportstracker and theirs is about £50.

Not all smart phones. Depends if your phone has Bluetooth 4.0 which is low power bluetooth. If yes it should work.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I have a Joe Blow Sport 2 based on recommendations from here. It's a good pump and seems like it'll last. At £32.99 (current Halfords price) it's a bit pricey but worth it. I'd rather not have a pump stop working when I need it.
I'll second that.

And when it fills up with rain water (don't ask) you can rebuild it.

pclay

Veteran
Well this morning I wore my lime green large softshell. I think the sizing is too big. It is too long and quite baggy. Should have tried a medium.

Jody

Stubborn git
4.3. It does say on the box android 4.3 onwards

Odd. Did you have to do anything special for it to connect? My S3 is on 4.3 but can't find the HRM. I might try and force a different OS on as its out of contract/warranty.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I just went to settings on strava and set it up through bluetooth sensor. Then set to 4.0/Le

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
If you forget to put it away after use, my workshop being the great outdoors, and go away for the weekend, and it rains all weekend, your Joe Blow will fill up with water and get a bit manky inside and the ballvalve in the base may malfunction. But the nice people a Topeak sell a maintenance kit. Spray of WD here, smear of vaseline there, and Joe lives to Blow another day.

andyfraser

Über Member
If you forget to put it away after use, my workshop being the great outdoors, and go away for the weekend, and it rains all weekend, your Joe Blow will fill up with water and get a bit manky inside and the ballvalve in the base may malfunction. But the nice people a Topeak sell a maintenance kit. Spray of WD here, smear of vaseline there, and Joe lives to Blow another day.
Ah! It's good to know it's user maintainable too. :smile:

jack smith

Veteran
Got the hr monitor and pump yestersay he monitor seems okay but sometimes shows readings at 100+ then 64 ect non stop but seems okay when in proper use, the pump blew apart at 90 psi bopefully they will refund as i dont want another

Cp40Carl

Über Member
Just picked up some Lidl cycling shorts - I got the full length cycling pants last year and love them, really comfortable, so thought I'd get the shorts in time for the summer.

Took a gamble on the track pump whilst I was in there, at £4.99 it's almost free, so fingers crossed it will work. Had my eye on the workstand too (probably the real bargain to be had) but disn't want to push things and end up living with my bike in the shed, well, not until the warmer nights anyhow...

Top Bottom