Lights. CREE XML XM-L T6 / U2 etc Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrmacmusic

Veteran
UPDATE : 90 min last night full power and a further 2hrs 20 min this morning on full power green light with 10 min on red light before it switched off..So almost 4 hrs on full power WOW...:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Nice :thumbsup: Did the indicator light go blue or orange at all, or did it just change to red after a while? Mine definitely has a tinge of blue going on right now after about 1hr 40mins use.

musa

Über Member
The link in the OP. is that a certified UK seller

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
UPDATE : 90 min last night full power and a further 2hrs 20 min this morning on full power green light with 10 min on red light before it switched off..So almost 4 hrs on full power WOW...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's good run time, hit red and have a backup plan !

Bodging a mount - you can do it with many mounts, and usually its just a longer screw to attach. TBH I'm happy with the rubber bands as you can easily tilt the light. My bars are 'shiny' so I've wrapped a little electrical tape round them so the rubber foot can grip.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Bodging a mount - you can do it with many mounts, and usually its just a longer screw to attach. TBH I'm happy with the rubber bands as you can easily tilt the light. My bars are 'shiny' so I've wrapped a little electrical tape round them so the rubber foot can grip.
Old inner tubing is good for 'getting a grip' on bars too. :thumbsup:

Grayduff

Über Member
Another update and a little concern, having fully depleted the battery pack been charging now for just over 3 hours and red light still on mmmm..:headshake:

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
The link in the OP. is that a certified UK seller
Not sure if certified, but it arrived in two days, and the charger adaptor has the BS-5732 on it for what its worth.
Another update and a little concern, having fully depleted the battery pack been charging now for just over 3 hours and red light still on mmmm..:headshake:
I was going to say but Fossy got there 1st, charged mine the other day Monday I think and it took awhile and that wasn't from flat.

Grayduff

Über Member
Not sure if certified, but it arrived in two days, and the charger adaptor has the BS-5732 on it for what its worth.

I was going to say but Fossy got there 1st, charged mine the other day Monday I think and it took awhile and that wasn't from flat.
Took 4 hours from completely flat to fully charged...^_^

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
So first impressions are extremely positive... only problem is I ripped the strap off the battery bag removing it last night :headshake:
Same thing happened whilst I was riding on Sunday, battery went flying across the road. I just wrapped the excess cable through the belt loop and round the handle bar. It must be sub standed stitching.

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Same thing happened whilst I was riding on Sunday, battery went flying across the road. I just wrapped the excess cable through the belt loop and round the handle bar. It must be sub standed stitching.
At least mine didn't break until I was trying to remove it, and not whilst cycling – definitely not strong enough stitching on the wee battery bag.

Top Bottom