Lights. CREE XML XM-L T6 / U2 etc Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cheers.

Expect 2-3 hours on max. On my old Magicshine pack (about 3 years old), I get blue after about 20 minutes on max, my newer pack lasts much longer and I only use these batteries during winter occasionally - so they aren't all bad. One pack is goosed though, but I'm thinking of opening it up and sticking the cells in a charger to charge each cell - I suspect the cells are out of balance.

I got about 2 hours on max on the new pack before the orange light came on !

mrmacmusic

Veteran
I got about 2 hours on max on the new pack before the orange light came on !
Yeah, I'm quite looking forward to extended run times as well as more brightness with the new XML-T6 light :thumbsup:

My Moon XP-500 is great and all that, but 1hr 40mins on maximum brightness (or 2hr 20mins on high) is pushing it when your one-way commute is ~55 minutes!

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
Green is 75-100 % charge
Blue 50-75%
Orange 25-50%
Red 25%
Flashing red - darkness is about to fall.
Figured the rest, but this is most useful, I have never gone on anything other than green on the lamp whilst out, though I do cycle through modes if in and out of street lighting. Though most its been used between charges so far is 2hrs 20mins or so.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Figured the rest, but this is most useful, I have never gone on anything other than green on the lamp whilst out, though I do cycle through modes if in and out of street lighting. Though most its been used between charges so far is 2hrs 20mins or so.

Bear in mind that's the Magicshine light sequence. I would say if red comes on, it's time to charge it. If you can it's worth seeing what light run times are like. Using on low power, will extend run times loads, and I'd recommend that for lit road's.

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
Bear in mind that's the Magicshine light sequence. I would say if red comes on, it's time to charge it. If you can it's worth seeing what light run times are like. Using on low power, will extend run times loads, and I'd recommend that for lit road's.
Thats what I do, ( I did a term doing, mechinical,electronic & electrical engineering, went and did photography instead, so I do understand simple things) also larger capacity batteries will also last longer, the ones I have are supposedly rates at 6500mAH (though I cant see anything on the pack) others I saw advertised were rated at 4500mAH, so the theory goes these should last half as long again (there abouts), I also know that different manufacturers produce better quality at lower ratings, I had some AA NiMH rated at 2200mAH these seemed to last longer than some 2500mAh ones I had.
I will try running the lamp from a full charge and time it, and try and observe any light sequence.

Grayduff

Über Member
I have just received this light CREE XML XM-L T6 and as promised in other threads here are some pictures I have just taken.
View attachment 14882 This is the drive to the house, accept you cant see it.
View attachment 14883 This is on the lowest setting
View attachment 14884 This is on the next setting
View attachment 14885 This is on full, the battery is supposed to last upto 3 hrs on this setting.

Please enlarge the images for a better view, the unit with a free rear light, which is o.k. cost £26.77 follow the above link, they can be had from China for 1/2 this price if you want to wait a couple of weeks.
The pictures are pretty much as I saw with my eye, no image manipulation.
Edit, forgot to mention, what you will see maybe different to my screen, mine has been calibrated so I know its not far off.
Just taken delivery today, how long did they take to charge first time around , no instructions:angry: ...cheers..:thumbsup:

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Just taken delivery today, how long did they take to charge first time around , no instructions:angry: ...cheers..:thumbsup:
Mine took about an hour to fully charge from the delivered state. When I plugged the battery into the charger (without plugging the charger into the wall socket), the LED light on the charger was green. I plugged the charger into the wall socket and switched the power on, and the LED on the charger then changed to red to indicate that it was charging the battery. Once fully charged (which as I said took about an hour), the LED turned green to indicate charging was complete :thumbsup: I'm expecting a full charge from depleted to take around 4hrs.

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Charge varies - 2 to 3 hours !
...but at least the LED on the charger will indicate when charging is complete.

Will feedback more info on this particular light/battery/charger once I've used it for a bit, and done a few charging cycles :thumbsup:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Am I right in saying that these come with 2 rubber O rings so you can attach this light to the handlebars ?

Top Bottom