Lights. CREE XML XM-L T6 / U2 etc Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
So worth it though, could probably melt skolly's bike with it :whistle:
You would have to catch me first though, I go faster than the speed of light.

potsy

Rambler
Besides, that is only 9000LM @potsy

How about THIS 12000LM or THIS 15000LM which are half the price of your limp 9000LM unit :becool:
Now we're talking, reckon that'll look good on my new mtb :becool:

5cc07646-a5cd-3b87-2fe7-6ba2fabb1f4b.jpg

Sobrique

Besides, that is only 9000LM @potsy

How about THIS 12000LM or THIS 15000LM which are half the price of your limp 9000LM unit :becool:

See, that just irritates me. Cree rate their LEDs at ~1000lm. (Some go as high as 1050 depending if you've a T6, a U2 etc.).
http://www.cree.com/LED-Components-and-Modules/Products/XLamp/Discrete-Directional/XLamp-XML2

There's just no way that 9x Cree can ever be more than about 9k and that's assuming optimal conditions... which I can guarantee there won't be.

Anyway, I've got me one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-SKYRA...ing_LightsLanternsTorches&hash=item58ba43b1f6

It's still pretty insane how bright it is. My field testing with my own Ultrafire 3.7V, 4Ah cells suggests it starts to fade after about an hour, but you can eke out about another 30m on 'full blast'. I've been running it on 'low' for 2 hours now and it's still running. (But low is still a lot of light - even whilst going dim, it was still enough that I reckon I'd have got away with cycling home).

That's about the right run time given 70W max through the LEDs, and 14watt-hours per cell.

I don't want to trust it for cycling, so I've been walking the dog - it's quite entertaining when cars pull over to let you pass and you trundle past them with dog-on-lead...

The fringe benefit is - it also works as a handwarmer. It gets proper toasty when running at full blast (not too hot to hold, but you'll definitely notice the heat).

wanda2010

Guru
I are greviously hurt at your statement :cry:. I cracked and hit the button cos I'd not too long arrived home from Jamaica and was sat here freezing despite the heating being on at full blast and wearing 3 layers top and bottom and a hat :cold:

Anyway, I'm not blaming you this time round, so you should be nice and sympathetic to me........... :tongue:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Lightbuyers Anonymous clinic reopens.............

http://www.candb-seen.co.uk/bikehead-lights/city-slicker-series-front.html

This time I'm blaming @Andrew Br and Helen :cry:

I've been watching those for a long tme. They look the business.

wanda2010

Guru
Blame me by all means but leave Helen out of it; she's an innocent party in this and she thinks I'm slightly bonkers.
"How many lights do you need ?" is a frequent question :whistle:.

Fossy and Potsy set me off on this downwards spiral, so I'll remove Helen's name as long as I get to see her on a ride at some point next year :hello:.

We are bonkers - no arguments there ;)

Top Bottom