Little girls and their mummy's shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What is it with little girls and their Mummy's shoes. Whilst I was working out on my turbo trainer this morning, I could hear this clunk clunk clunk on the kitchen wooden floor. It sounded like a Spanish 'Jota'. Aynow, a few moments later, my three year old daughter walks into our conservatory with her mum's high heel shoes on. Laugh, I laughed so much I nearly fell off the turbo trainer! She said, "Daddy, you didn't realise I'm a big girl now". Great moments!xx(:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Is it just girls? I think the whole 'far too big shoes' thing is perhaps just great fun - a classic dressing up moment:biggrin:. My nephew hasn't done it yet, (but he's only just walking confidently anyway), but he does like his shoes - maybe he knows that shoes on means going out. Almost his first coherent word (IE, you knew what he meant, even if the word wasn't quite there), was 'shhhhoo', while pointing at his shoes.

Funnily, he always says it very quietly - I wonder if he's associating the 'sh' sound with shush....

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm sure I must have done it with both when I was little (but I wasn't into shoes and that sort of dressing up like an adult, if I dressed up it was as a pirate or red indian or something).

Top Bottom