Little things that make you a little smug

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Windward

Enjoying the feeling of shooting down Greenwhich park hill, over that there internal combustion speed limit, and feeling the car drivers behind me wrestling with the urge to overtake/speed they would be driving anyway if I wasn't there!

But it doesn't make up for having to go back up it on the way home ;)

purplepolly

Twenty Inch said:
The fact that if the trains are screwed, I can cycle home and still be at home before the rest of my fellow commuters, and I've had a bonus 25 mile cycle too!

I like the idea of being pleased when the train's cancelled. I stopped commuting by train when I changed jobs to one closer to home and started cycling, so I've never been able to experience that one.

PBancroft

HelenD123 said:
+1 particularly when I see a colleague sat in the queue and think I'll beat them to the office.

Don't you mean when you see a colleague in the queue and think you'll beat them home?

Who cares about getting to the office early?

PBancroft

Touche said:
Not knowing the price of petrol. Is it over a pound per litre yet?

Errr... actually I know it's over a pound, but I haven't the foggiest what it is. I'd hazard a guess at £1.04 or £1.05 but I've not looked in months. My car is sat in the car park (with bike rack attached, natch) and hasn't moved except to ferry gardening equipment to the allotment.

That's quite scary, but cool. I used to look at petrol prices weekly, if not daily.

PBancroft

OK, little thing that made me smug about cycling today at work: Cycle Chat is part of the reason I was hired apparently. They Googled my name in advance of the interview, and saw a few of my early blog posts about my first attempts at touring.

They read them, enjoyed them, thought I looked like a thoroughly decent fellow and reflected the aims of the organisation and gave me employment (after interviews, exams, CRB checks and other minor processes). That was over a year ago and they've only just told me!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Ulp. If my employer found me on CC they'd assume that I spend all my life on teh interwebs talking drivel!!!
Good job I don't look like my avatar.
Oh! The question...
Parking my Brommie next to the desk, instead of parking a car 5 minutes walk away. And freewheeling past all the queueing cars on the way home :laugh:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Kaipaith said:
Don't you mean when you see a colleague in the queue and think you'll beat them home?

Who cares about getting to the office early?

You have a point there but it doesn't happen going home because there aren't such queues. I'd much rather be cruising past on my bike than inching my way in a car, even if I am heading into work than going home.

Top Bottom