Little things that make you a little smug

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
Over the summer, every Saturday I was heading up to swim in a lake at 630am near Camberley with a group of other triathletes. We then bundle in the car just after 8 and stop in at Fleet Services for brekkie. I have a smugtastic feeling knowing that I have just swam 2k in a lake while the rest of the punters waddle in for a fry-up (and amazingly I normally take some cereal to eat, supplemented only by a low fat muffin and a coffee)

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Watching the sunrise on a cold frosty morning from the bridge over the M.61......oh and admiring all those pretty tail lights from the gridlocked cars trying to head to Manchester !!!!!!

This morning, being able to reply "enjoy sitting in that queue?" to the comedians amongst my colleagues that said "enjoy your swim to work today?".

It was raining, but not much: that kind of "shall I bother to put a jacket on?" type rain. But there was gridlock round and about and many of them were late to work. ;);)

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I love the idea of being able to get around under my own steam. No traffic jams, no hanging about waiting for cancelled buses/ trains. Just me and a couple of wheels. Being able to nip behind any old bush for a pee when the need arises is quite handy too!

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
…like finding out this morning your annual Oyster renewal in December will be £1,100 cheaper because of the 3 fare zones you're now covering on two wheels.

Woohoo!

Crikey - the n+1 equation's just come to mind…

PBancroft

Discovering that your new bike now gets you to work FASTER than by car and Park+Ride combination.

:wacko:

PBancroft

BentMikey said:
See, should have got a drop bar bike. :angry:

Yeah yeah!

I will move up to that - I will! But from my lumbering GT I think that would have been too much of a jump. It also wouldn't have been so suited for gentle pootle into town with the wife.

Top Bottom