Liverpool - stuff to see?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I really like the Metropolitan Cathedral 'Paddies Wigwam'. Well worth a visit, particularly the Crypt built in the 1930s for the original Edwin Lutyens cathedral abandoned in WWII.
Not everyone knows that Liverpool has the most listed buildings outside London.

Courtesy of northern's £1 seat sale will be in this fine city for a day in the nearish future - looking forward to it - haven't been for donkey's years.

Any suggestions for stuff to see, exhibitions, particularly temporary and free ones?
After all that looking at stuff I would recommend Wreckfish Bistro on Seel St. Lunch menu great value, pricey for dinner ^_^

OP
OP
Blue Hills
*** @Blue Hills - I told you on one ride that I hadn't been to any museums. I'd forgotten about that trip to Liverpool. The Maritime/Slavery museums were interesting and did actually teach me something. I was impressed by the scale and design of the buildings. It was obvious how much money had passed through Liverpool over the centuries.
twas more alarming than that - I remembered that you said you never read any books. Don't remember a museum tale.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Thats worth a visit ... Lady Lever gallery is a cracker!
very true.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I remembered that you said you never read any books.
These days, more 'rarely' than 'never'. The trouble is that I am always doing other things until (say) 02:00. Every time that I have tried to start a book at that time of night I fall asleep after a few pages and can't remember what I have already read.

I used to read a lot up until my teens and early twenties. In fact, I was a voracious reader from very young. I learned to read before I even started school.

I'll have to try to get back into a more normal sleep routine and make time for reading when I have the energy to concentrate.

Anyway - have a nice day out in Liverpool!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Train station.

The arch which spans over platforms 6 - 10 also extends over the taxi rank, and at its concourse end, it provides a spectacular vista over the city, which is dominated by the sublime neo-classical elegance of the nearby St Georges Hall.

Top Bottom