local club TT, what times/speeds do people achieve?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevin Airey

As a born again biker I haven't done any racing this time round, but did TTs in the late 80's.

Just go do it, I came last a few times to begin with but you get far more encouragement, help, tips and assistance from the experienced guys doing it this way. If you don't join another club!

Well that is what it was like back then :-)

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
We have a local world champ!
Yeah but, he's one legged and Irish. Only lent to you :laugh:

Noodley

I plan on riding TTs again next year, and I fully expect as before that I'll trail in well down the field. But it's a great feeling. At least I think that's what I remember it as :laugh:

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Ive emailed a very new club in my area, seems to only have 12 members but have a tt coming up in the near future....

We shall see.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Find the course destination and go for a hard ride along it. It will give you a clue of your potential time...
Swat I did and managed to post a sub 30 mins on my first TT. Pity that I had a brainfart and turned round at the first RAB instead of the second one, during the test run :rolleyes: Even so, I knew that I would be able to maintain 20mph+ along the road that's used.

I think that convinced me to give it a bash.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I too will be doing my first TT's next year. Just finished building my bike from spare bits and bobs:

http://instagram.com/p/crJWkZI8Vt/

This year was all about my Marmotte mission, next year I'm going to be focusing on TT, so winter training will all be TT specific.

By that do you mean, you will be riding your bike lots :tongue:

Over winter I would concentrate on doing lots of riding in position, big efforts can come ~Jan/Feb. Don't spend all winter smashing it, else you will get to May and want to die!

I too will be doing my first TT's next year. Just finished building my bike from spare bits and bobs:

http://instagram.com/p/crJWkZI8Vt/

This year was all about my Marmotte mission, next year I'm going to be focusing on TT, so winter training will all be TT specific.
TT's have been my warm down from the Marmotte. I'm pretty sure I could go faster with tri bars, etc and new wheels (my free hub is very clunky!). My first go on the Kings Cliffe Course was just over 29mins and my 2nd attempt was under 28mins.
I think when it came to Flanders and the Marmotte I worked more on endurance than the relatively short bursts required for a TT.

Top Bottom