Local knowledge required please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twinnies

Regular
Ive been going through it, am up as far as Alcester atm. Have made some minor changes as using the OpenstreetMap routing, it quite likes the idea of taking road bikes across fields, down dirt tracks, and round the back of peoples houses!! ;)

I want to get a quick consensus on this junction.

Currently the mapping has us going up this rather busy looking (notice the truck!) dual carriageway for a short distance.

View attachment 84233

I plan to change it slightly to go around and then use the underpass to get across the road...

View attachment 84234

It's actually only 0.2 mile longer but I think whoever is doing that stretch might appreciate the quieter aspect!

What do you think?

EDIT: It leads to another field. Going have to reroute thru Alcester to rejoin the route.
Cheers mate, appreciate it as know how time consuming and faffy it is.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Okay, done full route now. The very starting section headed south of the river in the original route, and I kept that, but Matt will certainly lead us out the best route in that bit. The rest shouldn't be any issue, there are a few parts where any support vehicles will have to go around to meet back up as we cycle through, but so long as 1 person has an iphone riding (we are cycling in pairs?) we can always use 'find my friends' on a temporary basis to keep a gps lock on the riders.

Or perhaps have designated meeting points along the route.

I know Stephen is going to look at the route and figure that stuff out so.

Anyway its here - http://ridewithgps.com/routes/8086419

You can export a GPX Track or TCX Course by hitting the Export button and downloading it. Then just stick it in the Newfiles folder of your Garmin.

Top Bottom