Longest ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes. Almost looking forward to it. I've done a few rides out that way and like that part of the world. It's going to be my longest ride so I imagine I'm going to find some of it a bit painful. Are you still in?

Yup, I'm still in. It's unfinished business for me, I attempted it two years ago, but ran out of oomph. Ended up nearly falling asleep on the road, and having to walk for a while until I woke up again. So hopefully I do a little better this year.

Just did a 200 yesterday with only an hour in hand, so hoping for a miracle next weekend.

Good luck and it is a beautiful ride, even in the rain.

fatjel

Veteran
Longest so far is 130 miles , entered a 300k audax for june

A couple of 100 mile rides with at least 3 more this year(e'tape London,Suffolk spinner and Cambridge swarm sportives).

An all dayer of some sort has been tentatively planned so that should be enough time to do more than a 100:whistle:

MikeW-71

Veteran
Current longest ride is 82 miles, on which I didn't eat anything like enough and nearly bonked only 1 mile away from home.

Looking to get in a 100 miler before my tour, which should be taken care of by a CC ride at the end of June. :smile:

skinnydog1973

150 Miles last year c2c but in 6 weeks time doing c2c2c in a day 240 miles tynemouth to workington to tynemouth hopefully will take about 22 hours all in

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
Longest ride to date was 3000 kms when I cycled to the Artic Circle. The most I've done in a day is 300 kms - but normally when I'm on a tour I stop at around 120kms so that I can do some sightseeing. I eventually learned that cycle tours aren't just about distance travelled. My most satisfing tours have been those where I've met interesting people and taken the time to properly visit places.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes. Almost looking forward to it. I've done a few rides out that way and like that part of the world. It's going to be my longest ride so I imagine I'm going to find some of it a bit painful. Are you still in?

How did you get on goody?

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Our club has 2 more 200 milers planned, next one is all around the outside of the M25,Then another going to Snowdon from London, Not sure which one to do. Although there are a few people in the club would like to do a flatter 150+ miles, i was thinking the Kings Lynn again but go via Cambridege, and if they feel strong enough to come back, or even part way back and finish on the train. I do enjoy the bigger rides.

Reactions: GM
Top Bottom