Longest ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpaCyclist

82 miles (132km) yesterday. I am registered for the Great Yorkshire Bike ride in June, and wanted to suss out part of the route. Also hoping to complete a 100 miler some time this year.

The conditions were perfect for a long ride yesterday - bright or sunny, but not too hot , and light wind. My route took me in a wide circuit around York taking in Easingwold and the Howardian Hills. It was mainly on country lanes with little traffic, and the last 25 miles was basically fat, which made it a bit easier as my legs tired.

I am in awe of some of the huge distances posted on this thread!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Apart from the obvious problem of endurance, time becomes an issue for big rides. It takes me 9-10 hours to do 100miles (~12mph. +food/rest stops +/- depending on terrain) Add pre and post ride faffing and it's hard to fit more into a day.

This is one of the things I like about night riding. After a refreshing bucket of espresso all it takes is a morning ride of 60k or so to top up the ton.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I didn't quite manage to beat my previous longest ride record of 220 miles
But I think 217 miles for the day is still pretty good.

oasts.jpg

230 odd miles, in one day. I wouldn't want to go any further, because a) it took 17 hours, and b) it knackered me out for the following day. I'll still put in the 100 milers, when I get the time this year. I think I'll let someone else do the mega mile rides from now on :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
223.5 miles to Cardiff for the FNRttC to Swansea, followed by the ride itself of course. Not including the seven and a half miles back to Swansea station from Mumbles after breakfast.

G-Zero

Über Member
I'm well impressed with these 200+ miles !! I thought I was doing well with my first ever century last year, out from Durham and across the moors to Alston for a coffee and scone, before heading back via Killhope (where I found a hill that killed all hope).

It took me just under 7 hours, but I was happy with that as I'm old, overweight and the route was a bit hilly.

image.jpg

bpsmith

Veteran
My longest is now 71 miles, when got carried away last Sunday. It's time that stops me making that longer unfortunately.

Top Bottom