Longest ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
There is nothing wrong with a little snooze in a bus shelter, or the forecourt of a garage. This was me last weekend on the Moors and Wolds 400km. I was desperately tired, but this was enough to take the edge off it.
1510649_10153388126562578_2926002201336393422_n.jpg

martint235

Dog on a bike
Yes but it's not a requirement of long distance cycling. It's like walking up hills. You can but you don't have to :smile:

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
New single ride record for me yesterday. London Brighton London for a total of 206.7 km, or 128 miles in old money. I thought ditching on the way there and Devil's dyke on the way back would be the hardest hills but there were much harder ones.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
OK, I'll rephrase that: I think that riding significantly more than 200k requires a degree of organisation and commitment and taking-it-seriously (that may or may not involve, but is exemplified by, sleeping in bus shelters, or indeed on garage forecourts) that I don't think I have. Not to mention that it requires physical endurance and backside resilience that I probably don't have.

Not that I'm knocking it. I admire people who do it.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am toying with the idea of becoming a super randonneur next year to mark my 60th birthday. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is completing a series of audax rides in one season comprising 200, 300, 400 and 600 km efforts. I would do a local 600 and snatch a few hours sleep at home after the first day of riding so I would count that as two rides, even though under audax rules it would be seen as one.

Unless I found the experience wonderful, I would probably make that my only SR series because I am more interested in doing long distances quite quickly than superlong distances quite slowly. Ultimately, my longest ride ever would probably be a shade over 400 kms but if I ever got fit enough (and mad enough!) to do a vaguely respectable 24 hour TT I would have a go at one, maybe informally with a few CycleChat members?

Top Bottom