Looks like i'm having it if i want it or not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There i was looking for electric fires on yon Amazon when i accidently clicked this Buy now with 1-click button. I've now ordered a fire that i wasn't too sure i wanted. How is this possible? I know i have an account with them but i thought you had to confirm payment whenever you bought something. If you can just click that button and they take the order, surely many will do so by mistake and end up with stuff they didn't really want? I'm not that bothered as in a way by mistakenly clicking the button it's made the decision for me. Whereas if it was down to me i'd be here for hours wondering whether to buy it or not. I think you can contact the seller an cancel the order but i bet some out there don't even know they've ordered something till it arrives on their doorstep!

Last edited:

TVC

Amazon.

You get an order confirmation e mail.
You go to your account and cancel it.

No more to discuss.

Sharky

Guru
It would be good if wiggle had a one-click option
but
It would be bad if wiggle had a one-click option

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468628

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 10.31.23.png

This information may be of use.

Last edited by a moderator:

TVC

I've just sent a reply to the seller asking them to cancel the order for those cats. Do they have to follow my instructions or could they conveniently dispatch them and make still debit my account?
You ordered it through amazon. Cancel it through amazon. It's not hard.

Sometimes it is not possible to cancel after the order is processed.

You then need to return fir a full refund which is very simple to do with Amazon but the money does come out of the account during this time. A quicker option is to not accept the Amazon delivery.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sometimes it is not possible to cancel after the order is processed.

You then need to return fir a full refund which is very simple to do with Amazon but the money does come out of the account during this time. A quicker option is to not accept the Amazon delivery.
But the money will still be taken out even if i don't accept the delivery?

Top Bottom