1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looks like i'm having it if i want it or not

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Accy cyclist, 13 Nov 2017.

1. There i was looking for electric fires on yon Amazon when i accidently clicked this Buy now with 1-click button. I've now ordered a fire that i wasn't too sure i wanted. How is this possible? I know i have an account with them but i thought you had to confirm payment whenever you bought something. If you can just click that button and they take the order, surely many will do so by mistake and end up with stuff they didn't really want? I'm not that bothered as in a way by mistakenly clicking the button it's made the decision for me. Whereas if it was down to me i'd be here for hours wondering whether to buy it or not. I think you can contact the seller an cancel the order but i bet some out there don't even know they've ordered something till it arrives on their doorstep!

Last edited: 13 Nov 2017
  2. TVC

TVC Living La Mala Vida

Amazon.

You get an order confirmation e mail.
    You go to your account and cancel it.

No more to discuss.

• Like Like x 7
  3. OP
    OP
    Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist Guru

But why are they allowed to take money out of my bank account? I can't remember giving permission for this. When i usually buy something online the seller asks for my account number,sort code and other stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Drago

Drago Guru

Because you've created an account with a company that sells items in a 'one click' fashion. Avail yourself of yon services no more, and thou will feel improved in mood.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Joffey

Joffey Über Member

Cancel the item straight away and the money will not come out of your bank.

• Like Like x 3
  6. OP
    OP
    Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist Guru

7. Wow, they're a bargain. You could sell them for twice that on eBay. Result!

• Like Like x 3
  8. OP
    OP
    Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist Guru

I've just sent a reply to the seller asking them to cancel the order for those cats. Do they have to follow my instructions or could they conveniently dispatch them and make still debit my account?

9. Sharky

Sharky Veteran

It would be good if wiggle had a one-click option
    but
    It would be bad if wiggle had a one-click option

• Like Like x 5
  10. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

• Like Like x 6
    Last edited by a moderator: 13 Nov 2017
  11. TVC

TVC Living La Mala Vida

You ordered it through amazon. Cancel it through amazon. It's not hard.

12. PeteXXX

PeteXXX Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

E1E4A734-342A-4955-96C2-9D512ABEC36E.png

You could place one each side of the fire you’ve accidentally purchased :smile:

• Like Like x 20
    Last edited: 13 Nov 2017
  13. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

My 5 year old son ordered stuff on Amazon with the 1 click button.
    Luckily it was just some cheap stickers but we received 5 sets. It totalled about £20.
    The first we were aware of it was when they arrived in the post. We managed to send 4 sets back for a refund.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Sometimes it is not possible to cancel after the order is processed.

You then need to return fir a full refund which is very simple to do with Amazon but the money does come out of the account during this time. A quicker option is to not accept the Amazon delivery.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist Guru

But the money will still be taken out even if i don't accept the delivery?