Looks like i'm having it if i want it or not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

The automatic order had my old address down.
That's not strictly true, ALL your orders would have your old address, BTW there is NO automatic orders, you made the order by clicking Buy. Although @JoshM may have been a bit 'take it on the chin' approach he is correct in some respect. This is YOUR Amazon account, you must have agreed to switch on 1-click ordering as a default it is off, you are also responsible for updating your new address or are you expecting them to be linked into all Government databases so they know where everybody lives, which I am sure they would readily agree to but I certainly wouldn't.

You're ranting that 2 orders were made, why did you continue after the 1st order was processed, you knew at that time 1-click was switched on, seriously I would have been looking at how to switch it off immediately after.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I'd just like to add that i didn't report any posts in this thread to the mods. In my nearly 6 years on CC i've only reported one post. I can take these things on the chin you know.:okay:

I wouldn't have made a remark like that if I didn't think you were thick-skinned enough to take it. Anyway, it doesn't matter. The most important bit of my post was the bit about how to turn 1-Click ordering off.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
you must have agreed to switch on 1-click ordering as a default it is off

Are you sure about that? I don't recall ever actively turning on 1-Click ordering but it was on for ages until I made a point of turning it off. Maybe I did unwittingly opt in at some point - probably when sneakily prompted to do so by Amazon - but I would never have actively sought it out.

D

Deleted member 26715

Are you sure about that? I don't recall ever actively turning on 1-Click ordering but it was on for ages until I made a point of turning it off. Maybe I did unwittingly opt in at some point - probably when sneakily prompted to do so by Amazon - but I would never have actively sought it out.
Pretty sure. although being a Merkin site they are sneaky little blighters & are always actively trying to outwit their customers, you probably bought something & they offered an option to 1-click for future orders & to NOT apply it you would have had to take a tick out of a box or something of that nature.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
That's not strictly true, ALL your orders would have your old address, BTW there is NO automatic orders, you made the order by clicking Buy. Although @JoshM may have been a bit 'take it on the chin' approach he is correct in some respect. This is YOUR Amazon account, you must have agreed to switch on 1-click ordering as a default it is off, you are also responsible for updating your new address or are you expecting them to be linked into all Government databases so they know where everybody lives, which I am sure they would readily agree to but I certainly wouldn't.

You're ranting that 2 orders were made, why did you continue after the 1st order was processed, you knew at that time 1-click was switched on, seriously I would have been looking at how to switch it off immediately after.
I think you might find its much easier to click 1 click on an app phone or tablet and I think although I might be wrong its on all the time in the Apps you do not pass through checkout it just goes. I have done it by accident and raced to the PC to cancel it, its pretty easy to do and I only knew by the email notification and I think I clicked my trying to scroll down to description

Gary E

Veteran
I think the trap people most often fall into on Amazon is to click the trial free delivery option at checkout. Once you've done that you've signed up for an Amazon Prime account and the subscription is taken from your bank account once the trial period is over unless you cancel it. A lot of people don't realise that they're signing up and so it doesn't occur to them that they have anything to cancel.
Unless you're someone who meticulously checks their bank account this reoccurring payment will just keep being collected annually without you ever knowing :sad:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
The automatic order had my old address down. I've e-mailed the seller of the electric fire,telling them my new address. At least that's one good thing. If they'd sent the fire to the old place someone might've signed for it and kept it for themselves.
I've ordered stuff before and then changed my mind. How long has it been between you clicking "Buy" and you trying to cancel? It depends if it's a 3rd party seller or direct from Amazon warehouse. But either way, if you act quickly you should have no problems.

D

Deleted member 26715

I think the trap people most often fall into on Amazon is to click the trial free delivery option at checkout. Once you've done that you've signed up for an Amazon Prime account and the subscription is taken from your bank account once the trial period is over unless you cancel it. A lot of people don't realise that they're signing up and so it doesn't occur to them that they have anything to cancel.
Unless you're someone who meticulously checks their bank account this reoccurring payment will just keep being collected annually without you ever knowing :sad:
Yes my sister got caught this way

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Prime if you use the Video and Music and order a few things a month only on Prime it is actually not bad value.

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
It can't be too difficult to cancel purchases on Amazon. I once left the Kindle at home with junior and received an e-mail at work that a book had been ordered.

Fortunately I received a message ten minutes later that the order had been cancelled. This saved me the need to tell them off later. I assume that they were struck by panic when they found that a payment would be required.

This has not happened since.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've ordered stuff before and then changed my mind. How long has it been between you clicking "Buy" and you trying to cancel? It depends if it's a 3rd party seller or direct from Amazon warehouse. But either way, if you act quickly you should have no problems.
I'll have proof that i acted quickly as it says on Amazon that all e-mails between buyer and seller are recorded and logged(or something like that)

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ah,i've just seen this message from them. I'm in the clear. No art deco cats are coming here.

Dear Customer,

We're writing to inform you that your order 206-3552016-6265926 from Kingston Gifts has been cancelled.
If you're still interested in this item, please search for it again on Amazon.co.uk.

We've included your order details below for reference.

We value you as a customer and hope you will continue shopping on Amazon.co.uk.

Warmest Regards

Amazon.co.uk

==================================================
ORDER DETAILS
==================================================

1 of Pair of Bronze Art Deco Style Cats
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00IKN768S)

Your credit card was not charged for the order.:thumbsup:
To view the history of any completed orders, please visit:

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/css/your-orders-access

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.
cleardot.gif

postman

Legendary Member
Those cats look very Egyptian.So can i recommend a series of books by Wilbur Smith,he writes some very good books set in Egypt,and they are available from one click Amazon.

By gum Accy you do get in to some scrapes and messes.Love it,my life sounds so boring in comparison.

Top Bottom