Looks like i'm having it if i want it or not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
I think the trap people most often fall into on Amazon is to click the trial free delivery option at checkout. Once you've done that you've signed up for an Amazon Prime account and the subscription is taken from your bank account once the trial period is over unless you cancel it. A lot of people don't realise that they're signing up and so it doesn't occur to them that they have anything to cancel.
Unless you're someone who meticulously checks their bank account this reoccurring payment will just keep being collected annually without you ever knowing :sad:
I did similar and only realized after the cut off what had happened, I contacted them and they cancelled and refunded my money straight away.

Amazons customer service is extremely good, they are playing the long game, its no good to them to scam you and then lose you as a customer. They want all your business.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Those cats look very Egyptian.So can i recommend a series of books by Wilbur Smith,he writes some very good books set in Egypt,and they are available from one click Amazon.

By gum Accy you do get in to some scrapes and messes.Love it,my life sounds so boring in comparison.
Yes, Egyptian stuff is seen quite a lot in art deco thingies Postie.:okay:
Like this pyramid tea pot,for example.
902253_1.jpg

and this er stupid hat.:laugh:
il_570xN.1179992459_kvce.jpg

Last edited:

JoshM

I'd just like to add that i didn't report any posts in this thread to the mods. In my nearly 6 years on CC i've only reported one post. I can take these things on the chin you know.:okay:

I'm glad you've taken no offence. Certainly no offence was intended. I admit to being very blunt as subtlety was lost on me when I needed to take responsibility for my life, and I suspect the same is true of you Accy. If I'm honest though, I hoped that, even if you didn't like the way I worded what I said, you'd perhaps think I had a point. I'd hoped you wouldn't 'take it on the chin' but rather would take no offence and see the words as a kick up the backside, a call to action. Which is how they were intended.

Seriously mate, it is time to take responsibility for your own actions. Can you at least accept that?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm glad you've taken no offence. Certainly no offence was intended. I admit to being very blunt as subtlety was lost on me when I needed to take responsibility for my life, and I suspect the same is true of you Accy. If I'm honest though, I hoped that, even if you didn't like the way I worded what I said, you'd perhaps think I had a point. I'd hoped you wouldn't 'take it on the chin' but rather would take no offence and see the words as a kick up the backside, a call to action. Which is how they were intended.

Seriously mate, it is time to take responsibility for your own actions. Can you at least accept that?

I think you might be reading too much into this Josh . I know to some it was another Accy f..k up,but it was a genuine mistake and with a little help from some CC posters the problem's been solved. Hopefully my experience will make others wary of clicking such buttons and stuff.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
View attachment 382939

You could place one each side of the fire you’ve accidentally purchased :smile:

The cheek if it. They've nicked them from a building in Camden. You're lucky they didn't get you for "rceiving". They must be 20' high so I can't how you'd get them up your stairs given the hassle you've had with a mere sofa.

Attachments

• 2017-11-13-16-11-47-.jpeg
    2017-11-13-16-11-47-.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 48

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Pretty sure. although being a Merkin site they are sneaky little blighters & are always actively trying to outwit their customers, you probably bought something & they offered an option to 1-click for future orders & to NOT apply it you would have had to take a tick out of a box or something of that nature.
Oh, do they sell merkins? (makes mental note; a nice alpaca one for Miss Goodbody's Christmas present)

postman

Legendary Member
They must be 20' high so I can't how you'd get them up your stairs given the hassle you've had with a mere sofa.

Accy asked the Amazon driver to carry them up.

His reply was me how ?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The cheek if it. They've nicked them from a building in Camden. You're lucky they didn't get you for "rceiving". They must be 20' high so I can't how you'd get them up your stairs given the hassle you've had with a mere sofa.
No,they're only 9.5 inches in height. If they'd been 20 inch i would've bought them knowingly. I do like them but i'm not paying 50 odd quid for small ornaments.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The sellers of the electric fire have sent me this e-mail. I now have to cancel my order and re-order it using my new address.
Hello,

Thanks for your messages.

We are sorry to tell you that we could not change the delivery address due to security reasons. Cause it's possible the parcel would be lost by delivery company if the shipping address is changed. We can only deliver the parcel to your original delivery address to protect your profit. Hope you could understand it , thanks

We have contacted amazon about this question and amazon also suggest us to contact you to request for a cancellation of this order and place a new order with the actual delivery address so that even Amazon may track and to have a record of the same.

So could you please send me a request for a cancellation of this order today? And then you can place a new order with your new delivery address.

We appreciated your kind understanding and cooperation.
Best regards,
Mandy

Top Bottom