Lost in translation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

F70100

Who, me ?
Don't think this is going to make it as a product in the UK:

20141101-IMG_0383.jpg

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Oh I dunno. It could if the brewery was trendy enough. @Marmion loves all that stuff.

U

User169

Skum means "frothy" which sounds quite appealing for a beer. There are shedloads of Scandi beers with similar sounding names. There's a Dutch beer, Skuumkoppe, from Texel which is pretty lush (Tom KerridgeTM).

Not a huge fan of brown ales though!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Don't think this is going to make it as a product in the UK:

View attachment 60578
That's because the Europeans (outside of Belgium) don't know anything about brewing. There is usually one style of beer - what we'd call lager - and if you're really lucky you'll find a "dark" (lager) and a "white" (wheat lager). In bits of Bavaria you might find a "stark" (strong lager) All very nice, and better than the cack we get as lager, but not desperately interesting.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Didn't he have his hotel closed down because of hygiene problems.........Murray (not Marmion), I mean.

Bill or Andy? This is all terribly confusing.

srw

[QUOTE 3358198, member: 259"]Has your account been taken over by aliens again?[/QUOTE]
Probably. I blame the chief beer buyer at M&S. Must be some alien eggs mixed in with the hops.

srw

You buy beer at M+S? That well known purveyor of underwear.
Yes - those evil bastards on the "Beer" thread have corrupted me.

M&S beer is remarkably good, unlike just about everything else they sell, which is just dull and utilitarian.

Top Bottom