Lycra or Normal clothes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cypher

A couple of years ago i started cycling again after I had refurbished my Carlton. I bought lycra/padded shorts as I had fitted a modern saddle, a lycra top and a light weight jacket.
Every time I wanted to go out I would put my gear on. Well now I have decided to change the saddle back and just wear normal shorts, jeans or trousers. Looking back at my photos may have swayed this a little, but just to get my bike out and go for a ride is great.
Im not riding for speed or great distance just riding for fun.

Do many others ride in normal clothes ?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Cycling clothes are normal clothes. The rest is just what you get into between rides.

jack smith

Veteran
Only when popping to the shops or if im going on a short spin somewhere to stay ill usually still put ky shorts on but wear a hoodie or something over the top, just realised your in shildon btw so hello!

Arthur

Comfortably numb and increasingly fixed.
Depends how far I'm going and how much effort I'm planning on putting in. For anything where I'm likely to generate a bit of sweat and/or need a bit of padding, the lycra goes on.

ayceejay

Guru
If you look like this then think of others each time you go out
FatCyclist.jpg
If, on the other hand you look like this....
2013-05-03_214453_lycra13.jpg

Attachments

• FatCyclist.jpg
    FatCyclist.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 37

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I tend not to look at is as cycle clothing but sports clothing. If my ride is intended to take me on a tour, without fuss, strava segments or sweat, I would happily wear day to day clothes and would most likely ditch the helmet too.

However, most my riding is undertaken as a sport and as such I wear sportswear designed to wick. Flex, cater for and compliment the activity.

So it's not the method of transport that is the deciding factor but the purpose.

Top Bottom