Lycra out??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
with people taking the pee out of wearing Lycra I was wondering if you could get jerseys and bib shorts made out of bambo cotton or something more natural. Maybe all the glamour will stay with mountain biking forever (gravity and Enduro).

Drago

Legendary Member
Whatever you wear someone will take the pee. Just wear what works for you.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Top layers for 'exercise' need to be breathable, and not show sweat stains. Altura Humvee tops are loose and do the same as road stuff. Just tested my new top over nearly 4 hours. Works as well as road stuff and has MTB bits like a glasses wipe in the hem.

I wear lycra for cycling, tweed and business suits for work and I look f*cking fabulous all the time; like I'd listen to some tosser who thinks I give a shite what they think. Unless they tell what I already know, that I am fab-you-luss :girldance:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I wear lycra for cycling, tweed and business suits for work and I look f*cking fabulous all the time; like I'd listen to some tosser who thinks I give a shite what they think. Unless they tell what I already know, that I am fab-you-luss :girldance:
The people taking the piss are normally walking out of sports direct with a bag for life and a fag and gut hanging out .

The people taking the piss are normally walking out of sports direct with a bag for life and a fag and gut hanging out .
I have never had anyone take the p*ss (I may have done, but I am operating on a high level of being majestic so would not have noticed) so I shall bow to your knowledge...

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
with people taking the pee out of wearing Lycra I was wondering if you could get jerseys and bib shorts made out of bambo cotton or something more natural. Maybe all the glamour will stay with mountain biking forever (gravity and Enduro).
many clothing manufacturers are getting wise and creating lines of cycle clothing that look a little less "tour de France" and a little more "trip de Pub". Shirts with collars, Tailored shorts.

Check out Rapha

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Personally i couldn't give a toss about people taking the pee . Today in London was perfect for lycra . Its sport clothing for people doing sport .
Actually, it's just practical clothing for anyone cycling a long enough distance who doesn't want to suffer nasty saddle sores. I wear it on my 60km round trip daily work commute, through necessity.

Top Bottom