Lycra out??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have never had anyone take the pee out of me for wearing lycra. Do people do that face to face or is it just another cycling myth?

I have never had anyone take the pee out of me for wearing lycra. Do people do that face to face or is it just another cycling myth?
They just snigger about MAMILs.

with people taking the pee out of wearing Lycra I was wondering if you could get jerseys and bib shorts made out of bambo cotton or something more natural. Maybe all the glamour will stay with mountain biking forever (gravity and Enduro).
I don't think you know what lycra is. Check the labels on your kit. It will only be about 5% lycra/elastane. The shiny plastic look is from the polyesters it is blended with. Any bib shorts will contain around the same amount of Lycra.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
many clothing manufacturers are getting wise and creating lines of cycle clothing that look a little less "tour de France" and a little more "trip de Pub". Shirts with collars, Tailored shorts.

Check out Rapha
Dress for the destination not the journey? Will never catch on with cyclists.

machew

Veteran
Fat-Cyclist.jpg

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Top layers for 'exercise' need to be breathable, and not show sweat stains. Altura Humvee tops are loose and do the same as road stuff. Just tested my new top over nearly 4 hours. Works as well as road stuff and has MTB bits like a glasses wipe in the hem.

They're Endura, not Altura. I got 5 recently for £13 each down from £35 from crc. I suspect you got them the same way. Very good tops and I like the loose fit in this weather.:okay:

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Probably not. If I wore my work trousers and shirt on my 30km hilly commute to work, my co-workers wouldn't much like to be around me.
Surely that is a factor of the intensity at which you ride not the distance per se? Understand, of course, that twiddling to work over 30km makes commuting by bike a little too time consuming.

Top Bottom