M.O.T. watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
My Smart (identical to the one in the pic, except mine is RHD) is not cute - it is testosterone laden and hairy chested. A positive Burt Reynolds amongst cars.

There’s a really cute Smart car that wee pass most days.
She is white and has eyelashes :girl:
(Seems to bring her to life) :smile:
The eyelashes whilst looking cute (if you like that sort of thing)... Absolutely destroy the paint around them with scratches. .. Ive many a young lady in for a bottle of t-cut (other scratch removers are avsilable) to try to get them out

classic33

Leg End Member
My Smart (identical to the one in the pic, except mine is RHD) is not cute - it is testosterone laden and hairy chested. A positive Burt Reynolds amongst cars.
images.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
[talking to a race-car chassis] I'm gonna give you an engine low to the ground... extra thick oil pan to cut the wind from underneath you. It'll give you thirty or forty more horsepower. I'm gonna give you a fuel line that'll hold an extra gallon of gas. I'm gonna shave half an inch off you and shape you like a bullet. I'll get you primed, painted and weighed, and you'll be ready to go out on that racetrack. Hear me? You're gonna be perfect.

maxresdefault.jpg

MarkF

Guru
My scooter doesn't need an MOT as it is over 40 years old, tax is free too. This seems bonkers in today's nanny state but I am going to take advantage soon and get something like an early 80's Audi 80..........

screenman

Legendary Member
My scooter doesn't need an MOT as it is over 40 years old, tax is free too. This seems bonkers in today's nanny state but I am going to take advantage soon and get something like an early 80's Audi 80..........

I thought it was for cars built before 1977, I could of course be wrong.

subaqua

What’s the point

oooh an Ur-Quattro... if you could afford one . i just looked at tyhe cost of an original one... feck i wish i hadnt sold mine in the early 90s

classic33

Leg End Member
It failed! :cry:

NSF suspension spring broken. It's still seated ok so its safe, but he can't pass it. The repair is £188 ad its going in on on Friday, as they need a day or two to get the part from Mercedes. It's quite a common Fortwo problem, and the bloke reckons the other side has been replaced recently.

Other than that, nothing, not even an advisory. Once the spring is fixed it'll have a totally clean MOT with no advisories at all. Not bad for a 14 year old, even it innit does only have 40k miles.

So, DC lane is the nearest. Well done Sir.
You reckon you'd get a discount if he saw this thread?

D

Deleted member 26715

What's Mercedes got to do with the spring Shirley you can get one elsewhere

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Phil tapped up a few of his suppliers while I was there and they coukdnt get one. It's a long an convoluted story, but Smart was originally a joint owned firm between Swatch and Mercedes, then Mercedes bought out Swatch and owned Smart outright ( the era mine hails from), and now they're Daimler Chrysler along with MB, Jeep, and that lot. The official sales, service and parts agents are Mercedes dealers and they can be pricy, hence a healthy trade in decent used spares. Luckily the spring isn't that bad a price.

Factoid of the day - the original Smart project split into two, and begat the original A class on one front and the Mercedes type W450 (Smart) on the other. When the A Class started falling over rather a lot the engineers pinched the excellent TRUST+ stability control system from the Smart and rammed it into the A class - it was a bodge, but it saved the model.

Top Bottom