FNRttC Manchester-Blackpool 7th June 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Chorlton CH massive is sheltering opposite the town hall clock.
The area in front of the town hall is fenced off because of the jazz festival.

Another rider has arrived !

ETA: it's the Manchester International Festival (MIF).

Last edited:

kimble

Veteran
Good luck to everyone who turned up!

P.S. Don't forget that The Scottish Restaurant™ has an excellent hand-drier in the accessible loo, best used by holding the open ends of your jacket sleeves under the outlet.

Safety brief before the nasty downhill and right hander. Weather is being kind.
20190608_014725.jpg

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
We've made it to McDonald's in fine style and earlier than last year.
The rain hasn't been particularly heavy but the morning is still young. Leaving here isn't going to be pleasant.

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Hhhhhhmmm.
The first few miles from Fleetwood were the most unpleasant that I've experienced on a FNRttC.
Gusting headwind that almost stopped me dead a couple of times before it became a cross wind that blasted us with sand. I'm still picking sand out of my right ear......
We're in 'Spoons now and the misery is fading.
Good stuff.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Rule 9.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Hhhhhhmmm.
The first few miles from Fleetwood were the most unpleasant that I've experienced on a FNRttC.
Gusting headwind that almost stopped me dead a couple of times before it became a cross wind that blasted us with sand. I'm still picking sand out of my left ear......
We're in 'Spoons now and the misery is fading.
Good stuff.
+1. **** me that last stretch was brutal. Not that having a (literal) puddle in each boot helped.
Made the 1054 booked train- jobsworth train manager complained it was going to be late because I was on the platform with two minutes to spare. Well, it was five minutes, the door to the bike space wasn't open & he wasn't waiting on the platform, and I was on the train with two minutes to spare. And no way it takes two minutes to shut & lock the doors. Not guilty, so there, yah boo sucks.

Domus

Guru
Airport train was delayed at every station, lots of youngsters presumably going to festival in Heaton Park. All the young ladies looked extremely under dressed for the unseasonal weather :eek::cold:. Very short skirt and bra seem to be the fashion these days. Not like in my day when the girls didn't wear bras at all :wub:

Made it home at 12.35 for the bestest, hottest shower in all the world.

Thanks to Andrew and everyone who turned up. Special mention to the two London Brompton pilots :notworthy:

I can't believe it's actually raining in Sunny Radcliffe now :wacko:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
On 1500 train out of Waterloo. Would have been the 1430 but for another jobsworth, this one on the gate, who refused to accept my damaged ticket was valid without endorsement from a ticket office- which I had been told was not necessary, by an SWR ticket office. I had the outward ticket, showed her the details on the SWR app- and the reference number was still clearly visible on the ticket- she kept insisting there was a problem and threatened to call security. So I missed the 1430. The travel centre people at Waterloo were somewhat bemused, thought there was no problem with the ticket, but endorsed it after conferring. Neither the staff member at the gate for the 1500 nor the guard on the train had an issue accepting the ticket. I will be complaining.

Top Bottom