FNRttC Manchester-Blackpool 7th June 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
I'm just grumpy. :cursing:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Hmmm...as an all season commuter, I shouldn't be put off by the heavy rain, but an hour's commute is not comparable to an all night soaking.

Beginning to question if I really want to do this.

kimble

Veteran
I'm having similar thoughts. Previous experience suggests that at these temperatures my sense of humour is rated for about 3 hours of heavy rain, assuming a minimum of hanging around (which is by no means a given on a Fridays ride). The forecast is currently for about 3 hours of light rain, and then pissing it down forever...

It seems that getting soaked in gritty skog on two consecutive days of racing at dePreston last weekend didn't even slightly appease the weather gods. :sad:

There also appear to be some train issues between Mordor Central and Wolverhampton, though I expect those to be resolved by this evening.

I'm going to keep an eye on things and make a decision later...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm still going. On the subject of rain: picked up my train tickets earlier. All soaked through, because there was a pool of water in the machine. Hopefully be able to get a replacement set from the station later on...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Hmmm...as an all season commuter, I shouldn't be put off by the heavy rain, but an hour's commute is not comparable to an all night soaking.

Beginning to question if I really want to do this.
You really do. It'll be fun, even if it's of the type two kind...

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I've just looked at the Norwegian forecast.
Manchester:- Cloudy 23.00->01.00 then rain.
Blackburn:- Rain 01.00->04.00 then heavy rain.
Blackpool:- Heavy rain 01.00->09.00 then rain.

We're going to get wet somewhere but, if we're lucky, it'll only be towards the end of the ride.

In other news, I've just "Jureked" my tyres: a few tiny bits of glass and grit have been expelled otherwise all is good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom