FNRttC Manchester-Blackpool 7th June 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Rain? Good job I'm bringing a bike with mudguards then. Checked the chain on Saturday, wear at .75 on the Park gauge...replaced today, so hopefully no repeat of past incidents!

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Meat please.

kimble

Veteran
It's going to be a Mancunian year again, isn't it? Touring bike, sturdy tyres, mudguards, Ortlieb panniers full of dry clothes it is...

Domus

Guru
This is what I did last year

Attachments

• Blackpool.gpx
    1.8 MB · Views: 14

Domus

Guru
I think only the route to Bury has changed, I'm sure Andrew will be along to confirm shortley.
We turned right at the crossroad in Edgeworth and went past Crowthorn.

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
MAC, Domus's (strictly speaking should that just be Domus ?) GPX should show the exact route that we'll take between Bury and Ribchester.
We're taking a different route out of MCR so that we come off NCN6 at Prestwich. This bit won't affect you since we're meeting you in Prestwich.
Nothing has changed between Prestwich and Inglewhite from the previous MCR-BPool/Morecambe rides that I've led.
I have alternative routes after Inglewhite depending on how we're doing for time; ahead of schedule, we'll stick to the lanes to the south-west of Garstang. If I deem we need to get to Fleetwood more quickly, we'll use the A6 but where we get on to it I'll determine on the night. It (the A6) is very quiet at that time of the morning (unless the M6 is closed for any reason).

Last edited:
MAC, Domus's (strictly speaking should that just be Domus ?) GPX should show the exact route that we'll take between Bury and Ribchester.
We're taking a different route out of MCR so that we come off NCN6 at Prestwich. This bit won't affect you since we're meeting you in Prestwich.
Nothing has changed between Prestwich and Inglewhite from the previous MCR-BPool/Morecambe rides that I've led.
I have alternative routes after Inglewhite depending on how we're doing for time; ahead of schedule, we'll stick to the lanes to the south-west of Garstang. If I deem we need to get to Fleetwood more quickly, we'll use the A6 but where we get on to it I'll determine on the night. It (the A6) is very quiet at that time of the morning (unless the M6 is closed for any reason).
Thanks. Looks good. Too early for the ferry I take it?

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Yes, the ferry starts at about 10.30 (I think).
I'm going to try to find out well in advance when the ferry will be running next year and then bag a spot in the FNRttC calendar that will enable us to use it.
It's not just the ferry; the ride along the coast to Knott End is quite something on a clear day.

Top Bottom