FNRttC Manchester-Blackpool 7th June 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
If Alan Dixon manages to get off the train he will require a meaty breakfast. :mrpig::hungry:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
@I like Skol Are you on for this?
Would love to do it, but unfortunately Mrs Skol insists our afternoon & evening social engagement on the 8th is non-negotiable. My offer to be home around lunchtime and get a couple of hours sleep then is apparently unreasonable.....
I will keep my eyes open for this in future though, as a nightshift worker the overnight ride should be a doddle for me. Thanks for the reminder @StuAff :okay:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Would love to do it, but unfortunately Mrs Skol insists our afternoon & evening social engagement on the 8th is non-negotiable. My offer to be home around lunchtime and get a couple of hours sleep then is apparently unreasonable.....
I will keep my eyes open for this in future though, as a nightshift worker the overnight ride should be a doddle for me. Thanks for the reminder @StuAff :okay:
Mrs Skol does have a point, though I've managed to be sentient for plenty of Saturday nights!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Think I'm going to have to miss this ride this time around :sad: It normally takes me a couple of days to to recover sleep wise after a night ride & I'm due a 10 hour shift on the Sunday after this ride, so don't want to risk being fatigued at work, maybe next year :okay:

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
@I like Skol Are you on for this?

I was looking down the rider list last week looking for a Mr I L Skol but couldn't see one.
I understand why now. :whistle:.

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Those people signed up for the ride should have received a version of this:-

"Thanks for signing up for this ride.

If you haven't let me know a breakfast preference please do so asap; the default option at the cafe is "Meat".
There are, currently, 23 riders signed up. That's if I've counted correctly; some of you appear to have signed up twice.

I've already started battery charging and I'll be tyre and bike checking tomorrow.
This is the method I use for tyres:-https://www.fnrttc.org.uk/tyre-checks

The weather forecast isn't great so anything we can do to reduce the chance of punctures or mechanicals will be helpful.
Please bear in mind that we go high up on to the moors between Manchester and Blackburn so it can get very cold. Bring an extra top.
If nothing else, it'll be useful on the long, long descents.

I can't do a "meet and greet" at Piccadilly Station this year so please plan your own route to the start point in Albert Square in front of MCR's iconic town hall. Mind the tram tracks.

It will be worth looking at the threads on Cyclechat:- https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/manchester-blackpool-7th-june-2019.248841/post-5642609

and yACF:- https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=111883.0

I'll post a version of this e-mail on both sites.

Fingers crossed for the weather on Friday and thanks again for signing up,

Andrew"

Top Bottom