FNRttC Manchester-Blackpool 7th June 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kimble

Veteran
Impressively, the Wet Office forecast appears to have got worse since I last looked, with the heavy rain now arriving at Blackburn at 3am rather than 4am. Looks like the first half will be wet and the entire second half will be in a downpour.

On the plus side, the trains are now running properly again.

Last edited:

fuboab

Fat bird
Yesterday when I weather-bagelled (yes, grammar pedants, that is now a verb) there were periods of clouds between the rain. Now there is only rain. And even more rain.
I'm not convinced I will be able to keep my arthritic knee warm enough and I'm only just over the last flare up - so I am out.
Sorry Andrew :sad:

Only light showers and a gentle breeze. Refreshing.
Screenshot_20190607-175530_Chrome.jpg

Jehughes7

Or this one

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I'll be out of the door in a few minutes to meet up with the Chorlton CH massive and I'll see you all in Albert Square at around 23.30.
It's just started raining quite hard in SW Manchester.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I am well jel! No, really. This is the kind of miserable, foolhardy, against the elements, just why would you, challenge that I love.

Good luck and Godspeed. I hope the banter and camaraderie see you to your destination in decent spirits.

:cheers:

Looking forward to reading the tales of your exploits tomorrow. :okay:

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
The rain has eased off quite a bit, probably to the extent that, if I weren't wearing a waterproof, I wouldn't stop to put one on.
It's also very warm. Lucky that, I set off 20 minutes earlier than I needed to.......

Top Bottom