Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 18 May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Actually a fair chunk is the same. Just a different exit from Manchester (ours is different by necessity as we meet at Piccadilly) and different last bit as we go north of Chester to get to the cafe

Maybe next year we'll give Eureka a miss and take the Greenway route through Chester for a change. I do like that bit after the café round the airfield and over that rickety bridge over the Dee though...

At Chester
Get to the cop park near Telfords old warehouse
Then you go down the side of the river Dee, (Macadam Trail) 12 ft
Then over Shotton rail bridge refurbished: turn sharp right at the end
Good cafe on Connah's fish Quay

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Advance tickets available now

Screenshot_20190222-072834.png

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Advance fares not yet available for those travelling from Euston, it won't be long though as the 10th is available....

si_c

Guru
Got my ticket to Manchester for the morning (a whole £3.60) but doesn't look like the advance tickets to Chester for the return are available yet.

Last edited:

Freds Dad

Veteran
I'm taking the car to Llandudno on the 17th so that I can get home after the ride and have just booked a 1st class ticket with Virgin for £10.40 using my NHS discount. I will share the link with lovely people.

https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/health-service-discounts

wanda2010

Guru
I have to drop out of this ride as I will be having rotator cuff surgery at beg April and not allowed on the bike for a few months. My room-mate will make use of the hotels already booked. I am still thinking about travelling to Llandudno by train on the Saturday cos chips and friends and I never claimed to be completely sane where rides are concerned. I'll see if I still feel that way after the op.

Freds Dad

Veteran
I have to drop out of this ride as I will be having rotator cuff surgery at beg April and not allowed on the bike for a few months. My room-mate will make use of the hotels already booked. I am still thinking about travelling to Llandudno by train on the Saturday cos chips and friends and I never claimed to be completely sane where rides are concerned. I'll see if I still feel that way after the op.

Wanda you will be missed but good luck with the operation. It would be good to see you for fish and chips if you feel up to it.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
GWS, hope to see you there....

si_c

Guru
Shame you can't come, but no point damaging your recovery.

Like is for possibly coming to have fish and chips anyways.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
That's a shame, you're an integral part of the Llandudo outing and will be missed on the ride. I had my 13yr old son lined up to ride with you. He's a chatty bugger and the miles would have flown by for you......

Top Bottom