Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 18 May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was thinking of Ali and the hijinks that resulted from his phone dying, before we caught up with you- rather a lot of him shooting up the road, then I (the one with the working nav device) had to keep calling him back!
That's how I got separated from him in the first place, before you found him - I shouted after him but he didn't hear me, and I couldn't catch him! :laugh:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Count me in please Nick.

Was gutted to miss it last year and for bailing out at Prestatyn the year before. There's an element of unfinished business.

Freds Dad

Veteran
I saw my Orthopaedic Surgeon last night and I have to go back into theatre for further surgery so this may impact on my attendance. I haven't ridden since late August so to be ready for 100 miles with only 6-8 weeks to prepare may be too big an ask.

I now have a date of 14th February to go back into theatre. I will need around 4 weeks recovery after that which takes me up to mid March. This leaves me with approximately 8 weeks to prepare for an 100 mile ride. I need to decide if I either A) try to do the whole ride, B) Ride Manchester to Eureka but I then miss out on fish and chips, C) Ride Eureka to Llandudno flat route or D) Don't do any of the ride.
I'm currently leaning towards C which just leaves me with the logistics or getting from Macclesfield to Eureka.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I now have a date of 14th February to go back into theatre. I will need around 4 weeks recovery after that which takes me up to mid March. This leaves me with approximately 8 weeks to prepare for an 100 mile ride. I need to decide if I either A) try to do the whole ride, B) Ride Manchester to Eureka but I then miss out on fish and chips, C) Ride Eureka to Llandudno flat route or D) Don't do any of the ride.
I'm currently leaning towards C which just leaves me with the logistics or getting from Macclesfield to Eureka.
I'm glad you're not leaning towards D

One consideration could be to ride Manchester to Eureka, then see how you feel. There are trains to Llandudno on the route from Shotton onwards. @wanda2010 is your expert on this matter

Moodyman

Legendary Member
For those staying over, might I suggest you book quickly whilst the prices are still fair.

Several Clandudno (sic) hotels and guest houses featured in Tripadvisor's best hotels in the world publication yesterday.

Expect future prices to reflect their elevated status and demand.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
For those staying over, might I suggest you book quickly whilst the prices are still fair.

Several Clandudno (sic) hotels and guest houses featured in Tripadvisor's best hotels in the world publication yesterday.

Expect future prices to reflect their elevated status and demand.
Not just those....the Premier Inn is, I kid not, £107 for the Saturday night....srsly?
A couple of doubles still available at the Rosaire, where I'm booked in https://www.rosaire.co.uk/accommodation/
Plenty of other B&Bs still available at reasonable rates.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Do what I did after my broken neck!

Once that doctor said 'Go' I went hell for leather, hence some stupidly epic and tiring rides within days/weeks of the neck brace coming off. My fitness was shite and my physical condition not much better but I was stubborn and it didn't kill me. Was it the right decision? I don't know, but I am still here. Your body will tell you what you can/can't do so make a decision at the time and stick with it. The worst that can happen is that you start at the beginning and cry off part way to let the train take the strain.... You won't be the only one.

Freds Dad

Veteran
Do what I did after my broken neck!

Once that doctor said 'Go' I went hell for leather, hence some stupidly epic and tiring rides within days/weeks of the neck brace coming off. My fitness was shite and my physical condition not much better but I was stubborn and it didn't kill me. Was it the right decision? I don't know, but I am still here. Your body will tell you what you can/can't do so make a decision at the time and stick with it. The worst that can happen is that you start at the beginning and cry off part way to let the train take the strain.... You won't be the only one.

I do intend to give it a good go and push myself through the pain barrier and would love to do the whole route, I dropped out at Rhyl a couple of years ago due to knee pain, but will be sensible and as @nickyboy said there are plenty of stations along the route after Eureka.
I've decided that I will get to Llandudno it just depends what mode of transport gets me to the final destination.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Interesting that when we started doing this ride the Travelodge was the obvious choice pricewise

But now they're £76 room only so places like Rosaire and Karden House are better value

I seem to remember Travelodge being less than £50 when booked early

Top Bottom