Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 18 May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I shall sadly have to give my annual visit to North Wales and the Welsh Riviera a miss this year, in favour of a piss up modest, demure birthday celebration nearby, time-wise and geographically.
Oh FFS.

Freds Dad

Veteran
I saw my Orthopaedic Surgeon last night and I have to go back into theatre for further surgery so this may impact on my attendance. I haven't ridden since late August so to be ready for 100 miles with only 6-8 weeks to prepare may be too big an ask.

si_c

Guru
I saw my Orthopaedic Surgeon last night and I have to go back into theatre for further surgery so this may impact on my attendance. I haven't ridden since late August so to be ready for 100 miles with only 6-8 weeks to prepare may be too big an ask.
You could always split it and leave/join at Eureka. That might be a bit more manageable.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

Come on @Freds Dad , don't be the first of the "possibles" to bail on the ride. Just do a bit of it if you like

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
And hotels booked....the Ibis Princess Street again in Manchester for Friday (nice hotel, bike storage in room was fine last year, excellent location, decent price), and as you lot have booked out Karden House, the (rather splendid looking) Rosaire Guest House for Saturday. After last year's Arriva Trains Wales shenanigans, both are on refundable terms....

StuAff

Do a bit of the ride if need be. And non-riding attendance would still be welcome at some point. Llandudno is lovely.....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
See also:
Make sure your GPS works
And do not rely on your phone for navigation
;)
My problem was that I hadn't bothered with putting the hilly route on my GPS. I had intended to do the flat route for a change but had overheard nickyboy describing the bit of the route before the coastal path as being a busy A-road so I changed my mind and hit the hills again. I thought I would remember the route from the year before but I missed one turn and got confused.

Using the phone's GPS would be ok if I had a bar mount for it. Stopping every 5 minutes to take the phone out of my bag was such a pain that I started only doing it every 15 minutes, and 15 minutes is plenty of time to take several wrong turns!

StuAff

My problem was that I hadn't bothered with putting the hilly route on my GPS. I had intended to do the flat route for a change but had overheard nickyboy describing the bit of the route before the coastal path as being a busy A-road so I changed my mind and hit the hills again. I thought I would remember the route from the year before but I missed one turn and got confused.

Using the phone's GPS would be ok if I had a bar mount for it. Stopping every 5 minutes to take the phone out of my bag was such a pain that I started only doing it every 15 minutes, and 15 minutes is plenty of time to take several wrong turns!
I was thinking of Ali and the hijinks that resulted from his phone dying, before we caught up with you- rather a lot of him shooting up the road, then I (the one with the working nav device) had to keep calling him back!

Top Bottom