Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 18 May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Booked the train so better get the bike out and see if it still works
If it doesn't, you've got time to get it sorted out....

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I have to drop out of this ride as I will be having rotator cuff surgery at beg April and not allowed on the bike for a few months. My room-mate will make use of the hotels already booked. I am still thinking about travelling to Llandudno by train on the Saturday cos chips and friends and I never claimed to be completely sane where rides are concerned. I'll see if I still feel that way after the op.

Oh dear....you're the first drop out from the "expressions of interest". However, I really hope you can come along anyway for Scampi and chips, a few beers and that nice Karden House breakfast.

Llandudno wouldn't be the same without you

Wobblers

Euthermic
I have to drop out of this ride as I will be having rotator cuff surgery at beg April and not allowed on the bike for a few months. My room-mate will make use of the hotels already booked. I am still thinking about travelling to Llandudno by train on the Saturday cos chips and friends and I never claimed to be completely sane where rides are concerned. I'll see if I still feel that way after the op.

Oh FFS. First Crackle, the Rich P and now you. It must be Skolly's fault.

A troublesome rotator cuff's no fun at all: good luck with the surgery. And hope you make it to Llandudno: we'll need someone, and their famous laugh, to brighten the pub up...

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Are there any challenges this year, following on from the original sausage and hill climbing challenges
The challenge is for riders to actually follow the entire route correctly and not get lost, shorten the route, divert off etc etc like most did last year
Given we have a few changes to the route let's see how we get on

No sausage challenge this year, at least not officially

wanda2010

Guru
Rotator cuff injuries are common in spin bowlers.

Is this another pastime we don't know about @wanda2010 ? Are you the next Shane Warne?

Nah. This is wear and tear over the years leading to the actual tear nearly two Llandudno rides ago. I'm not great at looking after myself so months of pain convinced me to see the GP leading to the diagnosis. One year on the NHS waiting list and strong words from my work colleagues reminded me I'm paying for unused private medical cover. So here we are. Was trying to hold out til after the Blackpool ride (cos I love Manchester rides), but those strong words plus a chat with surgeon about the ageing process and recovery time convinced to get cracking.

Look after your body folks.

wanda2010

Guru
Oh FFS. First Crackle, the Rich P and now you. It must be Skolly's fault.

A troublesome rotator cuff's no fun at all: good luck with the surgery. And hope you make it to Llandudno: we'll need someone, and their famous laugh, to brighten the pub up...

Painkillers or alcohol......... I'll have a chat with the surgeon. He's not a cyclist so he might frown on my idea, although he's pleased I'm not inactive.

si_c

Guru
"Got Lost" is a very strong phrase , i prefer path finder technique
I think part of the problem was people taking a holistic approach to navigation and just picking someone at random. The problem being that when a critical mass of the ride is using the same strategy....

Top Bottom