Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 18 May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
For the Stravatastic amongst us there is the hill climb out of Flint. Otherwise it's the usual challenge of keeping up with @theclaud in the pub on Saturday night
download (1).jpeg

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Ok, wondering whether or not to get an earlier train at full price with zero stops from L.Junction or the 15.40 ish discounted, question is what to do for 4 hours in Llandudno if it is tipping down & carting a bicycle around ?
Worth the extra to get out of dodge early ?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Slight change of plan for me ...

I like to get a nice ride in on my singlespeed bike but Llandudno is a long way from here and I am pretty skint so the amount of time spent on trains and the rail fares are issues. (Not doing the pub at the end takes away some of the appeal too, as does doing battle with the drunken hordes in Manchester on my way home at 22:30! :laugh:)

I have discovered that I can get a return ticket from Littleborough to Wigan for less than £5. So, my new cunning plan is to cycle to Littleborough to catch the outbound Wigan train, get off early at Manchester Victoria, then ride across to meet you at Manchester Piccadilly as usual. I'll come with you to Eureka but after the stop there I will turn and ride to Wigan, catch my train back to Littleborough, and then ride home from there.

I'll get home much earlier, save quite a bit of cash, and still get my 161 km/100 miles in. And see you all, of course!

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

I like to get a nice ride in on my singlespeed bike but Llandudno is a long way from here and I am pretty skint so the amount of time spent on trains and the rail fares are issues. (Not doing the pub at the end takes away some of the appeal too, as does doing battle with the drunken hordes in Manchester on my way home at 22:30! :laugh:)

I have discovered that I can get a return ticket from Littleborough to Wigan for less than £5. So, my new cunning plan is to cycle to Littleborough to catch the outbound Wigan train, get off early at Manchester Victoria, then ride across to meet you at Manchester Piccadilly as usual. I'll come with you to Eureka but after the stop there I will turn and ride to Wigan, catch my train back to Littleborough, and then ride home from there.

I'll get home much earlier, save quite a bit of cash, and still get my 161 km/100 miles in. And see you all, of course!
As always I'm uber-relaxed about folk who just want to do bits of the ride. Whatever suits everyone really

Freds Dad

Veteran

Do they have barriers at Victoria that stop you getting off early?

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
From previous attempts we usually end up chasing to catch the chip shop before closing time. You need to pick a train departing at around 11.30pm...... :cheers:
I think @SteCenturion is referring to Sunday.
There isn't much to do on a wet Sunday morning in Llandudno after breakfast. If you can stretch to an earlier ticket I would
Best option of all is the flexible off peak which is good for any Sunday train. That way if it's hosing down you can leave early. If it's nice you can have a bit of a ride around; some of the scenery is lovely

Top Bottom