Manchester - Llandudno: Saturday May 13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cupotea

Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker and secret snaffler of CC wisdom but this has made me discard anonymity. If no one objects to outsiders attending, a friend and I would love to join this. I rode the FNRttC from Manchester to Morecambe in 2015 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope this has a similar vibe.

Pete

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker and secret snaffler of CC wisdom but this has made me discard anonymity. If no one objects to outsiders attending, a friend and I would love to join this. I rode the FNRttC from Manchester to Morecambe in 2015 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope this has a similar vibe.

Pete
You and your friend are very welcome on the ride. I'm not a Friday night rider so can't say if the vibe is exactly the same but it's very relaxed and everyone seems to enjoy it (unless there is a headwind on the coastal bit then you can't hear yourself think for the sound of complaining,). I'll pop you plus1 on the "expressions of interest" in post #1

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Cupotea, there are no "outsiders" here, this is just a group of folk that sometimes chat on here and meet up once or twice a year for a big ride out and some craic in wetherspoons afterward.
I turned up on my own last year and was made very welcome.

si_c

Guru
Cupotea, there are no "outsiders" here, this is just a group of folk that sometimes chat on here and meet up once or twice a year for a big ride out and some craic in wetherspoons afterward.
I turned up on my own last year and was made very welcome.

Same here, turned up on my own, met another CCer on the train. Nice people generally.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

I did notice that but, as ride organiser, I thought I'd better not mention it. Wonder who he could mean? Maybe it's me?

si_c

Guru
Didn't you bugger your garmin fixing a flat on that last stretch as well? will you be riding that lovely pug again this year?
Yes and no. The gps still has a cracked screen as i keep forgetting to get it fixed. No I won't be riding the Pug for the simple reason that the rear drive side chain stay has snapped. I'm going to get it fixed at some point, but not had the time or money to get it done properly, as I'll need a respray too and enameling isn't cheap.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Hi all,

Pete

There's a very similar vibe Pete.
The differences are that it's not dark (Really Sherlock ?) and the group is bigger so it splits up more than a FNRttC. That said, you'll almost certainly find yourself riding in a group of like minded souls so it'll be great.
nickyboy's light touch organisation works really well.
I'd love to ride again this year but my shifts don't allow it.

Have you seen that there's a Manchester-Morecambe FNRttC on 4th August this year ? :whistle:

Top Bottom