Manchester - Llandudno: Saturday May 13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doughnut

Veteran
Ah, that sounds wrong. When I say a full boot I mean an empty boot.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
May well have to take up Mrs Doughnuts kind offer too.
Don't much fancy getting the late train back in sweaty lycra and SPDs

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
May well have to take up Mrs Doughnuts kind offer too.
Don't much fancy getting the late train back in sweaty lycra and SPDs
I'm going for the late train back, sweaty lycra and SPD approach ... :whistle:

(I reckon Mrs D will have had her fill of kebabs and drinks by the time that I arrive on my trusty singlespeed bike! :laugh:)

doughnut

Veteran
This is all bad news for me. Mrs D gets the kebab on her own, finds any bit of goodness in there (e.g. the rogue lettuce leaf that's less than 3 days old), then when she's had that she passes the rest to me with a quick "There's your half". Fast forward 8 hours and I wake up with a T-shirt so soaked in grease that you could make a crate of Molotov cocktails out of it, a very disturbed belly and a completely unsympathetic wife.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Bugger. Really sorry @nickyboy but looks like I shall have to withdraw my expression of interest.
If there is a change in circumstance, I'll let you know nearer the time, but in terms of organsisation, PMs etc., you would be as well to consider me out.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Littgull and I have now booked our tickets back on the 19:42 train to Manchester.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Littgull and I have now booked our tickets back on the 19:42 train to Manchester.

Lol...
Looks like we will be sharing a train back to Manchester. I'm booked on that train too.... it was the only one that gets me back to Huddersfield before Midnight.
Given that I recon it's a 6am start if I want to ride to the start I figured that made for a long enough day.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Lol...
Looks like we will be sharing a train back to Manchester. I'm booked on that train too.... it was the only one that gets me back to Huddersfield before Midnight.
Given that I recon it's a 6am start if I want to ride to the start I figured that made for a long enough day.

Try not to nod off on the final train otherwise you'll be in Middlesbrough before you know it

tommaguzzi

Über Member
I'll be on the 06.20 arriving at 07.30. i have 360 of the 500 miles i wanted in my legs already and i am going out again this afternoon.
I will confirm now that i agree to all Nicky's conditions and am looking forward to meeting you all once more. See you in Manchester.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'll be on the 06.20 arriving at 07.30. i have 360 of the 500 miles i wanted in my legs already and i am going out again this afternoon.
I will confirm now that i agree to all Nicky's conditions and am looking forward to meeting you all once more. See you in Manchester.

I think I get in about 0745. Just enough time for a coffee and a bacon roll from Greggs which is right next to our meetup point

My work is a bit busy at the moment but I need to fit in a recce of the revised hilly route just to be on the safe side. I won't have time to do a full route recce before the ride, just too busy with work. But it's going to be as previous years. Hopefully no road closures or whatever en route. Obviously if any locals hear of any problems please let me know.

It is the stormy weather depositing sand on the NCN5 that will be the main problem. Decent weather ATM but there are a few weeks to go so fingers crossed it isn't a sandpit like it was in 2015

Buck

Guru
We are driving into Manchester as we can't get an early enough train due to it being weekend service :sad:

We'll (me and Gil) will be there for 8.

Like you @nickyboy work is v busy but hoping to get some miles in these next couple of weeks to get me ride fit for the day!

Top Bottom