Manchester - Llandudno: Saturday May 13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
What is this work thing you keep talking about? :-)

The thing most of us have to do to be able to afford bike parts and beer.......

alibaba

Über Member
Hi ,
A few years ago I did a ride with you people around Manchester (70 miles)and since then I've been cycling around to work and back 20miles a day(when the weather is OK to do so)can I join you in this advanture please ?I really like to do some long ones; first to get more confidence and to know different routs .
I will be very grateful if you could give an advice or allow me to join you .
Thank you very much.
Ali

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Hi ,
A few years ago I did a ride with you people around Manchester (70 miles)and since then I've been cycling around to work and back 20miles a day(when the weather is OK to do so)can I join you in this advanture please ?I really like to do some long ones; first to get more confidence and to know different routs .
I will be very grateful if you could give an advice or allow me to join you .
Thank you very much.
Ali

Hi Ali, of course you are very welcome to join this ride. I saw your recent post on the old ride that @I like Skol organised

The way this ride works is that we all meet at Manchester Piccadilly station at 8am on Saturday May 13. I'm not sure how many will be on the ride but probably 15-20 in total. We then spend all day cycling to Llandudno with stops for morning coffee and lunch. After that you can either stay in Llandudno or take the train home. If you want to just do some of the ride that's fine too

The speed of the ride is very friendly, not too fast and nobody gets left behind. I will add your name to the "Expressions of Interest"

alibaba

Über Member
I really thank you for this ; I will put it in my calendar and will be looking forward to it ,I probably stay at Llandudno,
Thanks a lot .☺️

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I really thank you for this ; I will put it in my calendar and will be looking forward to it ,I probably stay at Llandudno,
Thanks a lot .☺️

No problem. A bit nearer the date I will send out the ride notes with all the details of start times, where we stop, routes, timing to Llandudno etc

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It is going to be a long day ... I just checked the times of the trains to and from Manchester - I will have to catch the 06:34 train there and the return train doesn't get in until 23:24.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
My work is a bit busy at the moment but I need to fit in a recce of the revised hilly route just to be on the safe side. I won't have time to do a full route recce before the ride, just too busy with work. But it's going to be as previous years. Hopefully no road closures or whatever en route. Obviously if any locals hear of any problems please let me know.
Hi Nick. Weather permitting I will be riding a good chunk of your flat route tomorrow (Oops, today now!) from the Broadheath area down to Llandullas near Colwyn (missing out the detours to Anderson boat lift and Eureka). I will report back if I encounter any problems......

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Hi Nick. Weather permitting I will be riding a good chunk of your flat route tomorrow (Oops, today now!) from the Broadheath area down to Llandullas near Colwyn (missing out the detours to Anderson boat lift and Eureka). I will report back if I encounter any problems......

Thanks Skolly that would be most helpful. The route is absolutely fine, just in case there are road closures or whatnot. Hope you don't get too wet

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Could I join you guys at the Eureka? Got no work, kids footy etc. Sounds good!

Of course. There will be several participants starting at Eureka

Our time to Eureka is quite variable depending on the weather. The way this works is I send out the ride notes and that will have an estimated arrival time at Eureka. But on the day we will use Glympse (please @si_c !) so that you can track our actual progress and can time your arrival at the café to be similar to ours from Manchester

That makes the number of potential riders 34. Of course not all will ride and some are riding various bits of it. But it sounds like there should be a good turn out

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
Of course. There will be several participants starting at Eureka

Our time to Eureka is quite variable depending on the weather. The way this works is I send out the ride notes and that will have an estimated arrival time at Eureka. But on the day we will use Glympse (please @si_c !) so that you can track our actual progress and can time your arrival at the café to be similar to ours from Manchester

That makes the number of potential riders 34. Of course not all will ride and some are riding various bits of it. But it sounds like there should be a good turn out
I'll be running Glympse to at least Eureka, but it would be helpful if others ran it as well as on previous occasions. I will set up a group and post the information here closer to the time.

Top Bottom