Manchester - Llandudno: Saturday May 13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Is it too late to do the ride in reverse, i.e Llandudno to Manc?

si_c

Guru
sounds a lot like 2015, oh joyful memories
And 2016.
[Reports of nightmare headwinds]
ColinJ reconsiders wisdom of tackling hills and coastal headwinds on a singlespeed bike with a 72 inch gear ... :whistle:
Hopefully it won't be too bad, if it's under a 20mph headwind then it's an easy day in NW. You did say electric singlespeed right?
Yes, but that massive plate of fish and chips tastes so much better after being wind/rain/sand-blasted for a couple of hours.
Bring it on!
Erm. Yes. Definitely. This one. No sarcasm at all.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Look you lot........................

The weather will be what it will be. Everyone's conveniently forgotten that the weather in the first half of the 2016 ride was just about perfect...warm, sunny, light tailwind. We got to Weaverham about half an hour ahead of schedule

I've got a sneaky feeling that it will be "light winds" all day. Remember where you heard it first. If it isn't, I know who the strong riders are that will form the front of the phalanx as we head along NCN5...don't think I don't know who's who :biggrin:

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
:whistle:

The weather will be what it will be. Everyone's conveniently forgotten that the weather in the first half of the 2016 ride was just about perfect...warm, sunny, light tailwind. We got to Weaverham about half an hour ahead of schedule

I've got a sneaky feeling that it will be "light winds" all day. Remember where you heard it first. If it isn't, I know who the strong riders are that will form the front of the phalanx as we head along NCN5...don't think I don't know who's who :biggrin:
My son was asking about the weather just yesterday as we began his wind up to the ride. I said, invariably it's shoot. Normally summer starts in May I said but I guarantee it won't start until after the 13th this year.

mike3121

Update on my training,
nothing to report

Finished a block of 6 night shifts yesterday, spent today doing last minute preperations for my 50th Birthday tomorrow
Was hoping to get a ride in tomorrow but plenty more last minute things to do before party
Saturday will, if I make it home the night before be spent in bed
Good news is I'm off work until 1st June so should get a few rides in, fingers crossed. The wind is supposed to be picking up again next week so should help me get me used to the conditions for heading towards Llandudno

si_c

Guru
Update on my training,
nothing to report

Finished a block of 6 night shifts yesterday, spent today doing last minute preperations for my 50th Birthday tomorrow
Was hoping to get a ride in tomorrow but plenty more last minute things to do before party
Saturday will, if I make it home the night before be spent in bed
Good news is I'm off work until 1st June so should get a few rides in, fingers crossed. The wind is supposed to be picking up again next week so should help me get me used to the conditions for heading towards Llandudno
Happy Birthday for tomorrow!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris

(Picks out knockabout bike again to look like an amateur.):whistle:

Top Bottom