Manchester - Llandudno: Saturday May 13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Just sat in the hub in Rhyl having done the hilly part of the ride. Trundle down to Llandudno next, then home.

Headwind has been in evidence so far all the way but not too bad.

I'll send more detailed thoughts to @nickyboy when I'm home.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Despite how it looks out there today, there is a nice spell of warm Easterlies coming next week so I will use them to do a final recce of the hillier route and try out a few lanes over the top to see if I can find some more sheltered alternatives. It can be very exposed up there so if it's a headwind it will be hard work

After that I will send out the final route files and the ride notes. I will need everyone to confirm receipt of the notes and confirmation that they agree to the terms of the ride; at participant's risk and organiser bears no liability associated with the ride

All that's left is to hope that those Easterlies hang about until May 13.......

Sam1992

Regular
What time would you be in altchringham? I'm only in knustford so could meet you there, not sure I could make the full distance though, longest ride so far is 50 miles found it difficult as I only have a single speed bike.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
What time would you be in altchringham? I'm only in knustford so could meet you there, not sure I could make the full distance though, longest ride so far is 50 miles found it difficult as I only have a single speed bike.

Altrincham meet up is 0900. It is by the Dulux building on Sinderland Road (so strictly speaking it is Broadheath)

If that's a bit early you could meet us at Weaverham which is about as close. I'm expecting us there about 1030 - 1100

Actually single speed is a perfect choice for about 99% of this ride. It is very easy riding. There is a bit of rolling stuff just after Weaverham, then it's uber-flat with a couple of very short climbs near Llandudno (we're talking a couple of hundred metres at most) that you may need to push up.

I'll stick you on the "Expressions of Interest". That way you get the route files, ride notes etc. All I will need from you is confirmation that you're ok with the ride rules on personal liability and, a few days before, confirmation of whether you're riding or not

Sam1992

Regular
Altrincham meet up is 0900. It is by the Dulux building on Sinderland Road (so strictly speaking it is Broadheath)

If that's a bit early you could meet us at Weaverham which is about as close. I'm expecting us there about 1030 - 1100

Actually single speed is a perfect choice for about 99% of this ride. It is very easy riding. There is a bit of rolling stuff just after Weaverham, then it's uber-flat with a couple of very short climbs near Llandudno (we're talking a couple of hundred metres at most) that you may need to push up.

I'll stick you on the "Expressions of Interest". That way you get the route files, ride notes etc. All I will need from you is confirmation that you're ok with the ride rules on personal liability and, a few days before, confirmation of whether you're riding or not

Sounds good, im planning on riding from knutsford and meeting you in Altrincham/Weaverham.

hopefully see you there

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Sounds good, im planning on riding from knutsford and meeting you in Altrincham/Weaverham.

hopefully see you there

The benefit of meeting at Weaverham is that we meet up at the Devonshire Bakery in the village for coffee, cake, sausage roll etc etc. So if you're a bit early it's nicer than the side of the road in Altrincham

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I won't be riding with you but may be riding at the same point - it's the same day as the Llanfair 400k audax: http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/14-66/

What a coincidence!

There is a fair bit of commonality in our route and your outbound route (the bit around Mouldsworth and then the NCN5 on the seafront) but I suspect most of you will be well ahead of our rather leisurely pace. I hope the Easterly that I have booked for us abates before you head back from Holyhead

BRounsley

Über Member
Hi Nick, I’m a bit slow to this, this year.

It clashes with a work ride I’ve already committed to, but we (the GMC riders) were hoping to tag along with you guys for the first 40/50ish miles then head back to Manchester.

Would this be ok?

Top Bottom