Manchester - Llandudno: Saturday May 13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike3121

Peas? what peas? All I see is Cakes :hungry:

tommaguzzi

Über Member
I have just bought this heap for £5
tmp_5378-$_3.JPG1128106815.jpg

I got it home spent an hour fettling it and have just taken it out for a 30 mile tryout to castleton and back.
I intend to use it for the Llandudno ride.
So here is my challenge to you.
Get yourself a b.s.o and do a century on it.

I might even start a thread " big miles on b.s.o's.
:-)

Last edited:

Moodyman

Legendary Member

Attachments

• TELEMMGLPICT000126879748-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BquQQdgZTh0ln6MqH4Nw1VP88cDT7xpfcMO9FRf2d6YJU.jpeg
    TELEMMGLPICT000126879748-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BquQQdgZTh0ln6MqH4Nw1VP88cDT7xpfcMO9FRf2d6YJU.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 26

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Do it

I didn't want to spend anything on it at all but i am going to have to change the tyres because the walls have all perished and cracked after today's ride. I'll also have to fit a spoke in the rear wheel ( missing one)
Oh and the saddle is awfull but I've got a suitabllly old distressed one laying around which is a bit more comfortable.
A mudguard should be nice but i am not buying one so I'll have to think of something else.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
You guys on the knobblies will be laughing at me skidding around on the sand on the cyclepath on my slick 25s

si_c

Guru
You guys on the knobblies will be laughing at me skidding around on the sand on the cyclepath on my slick 25s
Ha! I nearly came off by the hub the other week, wasn't watching where the edge of the path was and dumped my front tyre into soft deep sand. Fortunately nobody was looking.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I have just bought this heap for £5
View attachment 350291
I got it home spent an hour fettling it and have just taken it out for a 30 mile tryout to castleton and back.
I intend to use it for the Llandudno ride.
So here is my challenge to you.
Get yourself a b.s.o and do a century on it.

I might even start a thread " big miles on b.s.o's.
:-)

Did you get the key to the D lock as well, or is it permanently stuck on there?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I see it has a rigid fork.

It will probably ride quite well once you've knocked it into shape.

Goes to show cycling doesn't have to be the new golf.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Serious question... how bad is the sand at the destination? I'm tossing between the tourer and the road bike and this may be a factor.

Top Bottom