Manners - which do you miss?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
An old German couple jumped the skilift queue in front of me; not affecting me, but it did to 6 others, so I said loudly in my best German, "Are queues things that other people form, and you pass by..?"

Got a laugh from the others in the queue as the odd couple slinked shamefully into the cabin.

U

User482

I have a theory that we're all born with a finite quantity of good manners. It seems to run out for many people when they reach old age.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
Look mate, a lot of people on here have got tattoos and some of them are women - and, seeing as this is a thread about manners, they were also mostly brought up to believe that it's not good manners or funny to make gratuitous personal remarks about people's appearance. OK mate?
"mate"? didn't we already do that one?

compo

Veteran
I don't like children using my Christian name. Unless I give them permission to use my name I am Mr Compo, and I do pull them up for it.

Maz

Guru
I miss manners in general, but that's because I live in Spain and, from a British perspective, most Spanish people are pretty rude.
Deberías intentar hablar con ellos en español. :whistle:^_^

lulubel

Über Member
Deberías intentar hablar con ellos en español. :whistle:^_^

I do, and that wasn't my point. Rudeness isn't confined to language.

What some nationalities see as rude, others may see as normal. For example, I find a lot of shouting and general loudness rude. I find pushing past and generally invading personal space rude. If I had been born and brought up in Spain, I would consider those things normal.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Look mate, a lot of people on here have got tattoos and some of them are women - and, seeing as this is a thread about manners, they were also mostly brought up to believe that it's not good manners or funny to make gratuitous personal remarks about people's appearance. OK mate?

So you have tattooes that you want people to see and er hum! admire:rolleyes:,but you don't want people commenting on them MATE?:scratch:

Hip Priest

Veteran
I'd just like to see people being more respectful and tolerant of each other. People nowadays seem to regard anything that slightly irritates or inconveniences them as a giant assault on their ego.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I like it when people call me mate, coz it normally means they're approaching from behind or haven't looked properly and I'm wearing my thick work coat, which hides any vestige of a figure I might have. The confusion when I turn round and they realise I'm not a bloke is hilarious...

Top Bottom