Manners - which do you miss?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
What really boils my piss is people being polite when it doesn't help anyone. It's irrational and perhaps a bit grumpy of me but I'll try to explain. (Mrs Cube doesn't quite see why it's irritating) I live at the top of a lot of hills. The roads up to the top are steep, and being residential are littered with parked cars. I tend to plan ahead when I'm driving, and if I see a car approaching the other side of a car parked on my side of the road I will slow, change gear and get into a position to let the approaching car pass. I've done all the necessary preparation, and am timing it to suit me. As the gap clears I will go into the routine of getting the car going again, possibly, but not always a hill start from a standstill, but the timing all depends on the approaching car doing their bit, ie going through the gap I'm leaving them. All's going really well until the (in)considerate b*stard stops the other side of the obstruction and flashes me through. I don't want them to f*cking let me through, they've just bolloxed my finely judged routine. HOW F*CKING DARE THEY???

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
People that either think they can multitask or just don't care, either way they move around everywhere glued to their mobile devices. I am occasionally tempted not to move out of the way and just shoulder barge them and, with any luck, cause them to drop and break their precious device. I would of course be immediately and unfailingly apologetic and polite about it.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
People that either think they can multitask or just don't care, either way they move around everywhere glued to their mobile devices. I am occasionally tempted not to move out of the way and just shoulder barge them and, with any luck, cause them to drop and break their precious device. I would of course be immediately and unfailingly apologetic and polite about it.

And don't start me on people who don't get their round in...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
What about the double use of the word 'mate'?

As in, Do you wanna mate mate?

Like this, you mean?

yerba-mate-cup-gift-uruguay-600x469.jpg

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
What really boils my **** is people being polite when it doesn't help anyone. It's irrational and perhaps a bit grumpy of me but I'll try to explain. (Mrs Cube doesn't quite see why it's irritating) I live at the top of a lot of hills. The roads up to the top are steep, and being residential are littered with parked cars. I tend to plan ahead when I'm driving, and if I see a car approaching the other side of a car parked on my side of the road I will slow, change gear and get into a position to let the approaching car pass. I've done all the necessary preparation, and am timing it to suit me. As the gap clears I will go into the routine of getting the car going again, possibly, but not always a hill start from a standstill, but the timing all depends on the approaching car doing their bit, ie going through the gap I'm leaving them. All's going really well until the (in)considerate b*stard stops the other side of the obstruction and flashes me through. I don't want them to f*cking let me through, they've just bolloxed my finely judged routine. HOW F*CKING DARE THEY???
Yeap, we have a similar situation here where the road narrows (traffic calming) to allow traffic to pass in just one direction. Quite often I can see a car arriving from the opposite direction before me and so I slow down so that by the time I arrive the other car will have already passed through the gap and I will be able to pass through without stopping. But quite often the other car stops just the other side of the gap and waits for me to get close and almost stop before either flashing me through, or pulling out into the gap and forcing me to stop altogether :-(

Cubist

Still wavin'
And don't start me on people who don't get their round in...
A Detective Sergeant on one job we worked on always came with us to the pub after work. He never bought a round, arguing that he was only drinking cola. I lost it one day, as we were now back to my round, and it took me a few seconds to beat into him the fact that his pints of coke were costing more than my bitter as we were in a Wetherspoons at teatime. Tosser.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
A Detective Sergeant on one job we worked on always came with us to the pub after work. He never bought a round, arguing that he was only drinking cola. I lost it one day, as we were now back to my round, and it took me a few seconds to beat into him the fact that his pints of coke were costing more than my bitter as we were in a Wetherspoons at teatime. Tosser.

Complete bastard. The beating was literal, I trust?

Cubist

Still wavin'
Complete bastard. The beating was literal, I trust?
Had to be discreet, it was teatime in Wetherspoons.

Had it been 11am of course I could have done it quite openly and no one would have batted an eyelid.

Cubist

Still wavin'
we're talking getting ones round in here people can take this sort of thing rather seriously, or so I'm led to believe
I have a general rule. I will forgive a couple of creative attempts to make me buy you more beer than you're buying me, especially if I suspect you're not quite as committed to the cause. I'll even forgive one of my fellow Rugby coaches who never offers to pay, but then only drinks lime and soda, after all, despite being an ex-professional prop, he gets spannered on one sniff of the barmaid's apron anyway. We generally cure the lightweights by chucking £30 each into a pot. That way there's no excuse for round shirking. And you all drink at a proper pace.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Two things get my dander up, both in shops.

1). When I'm looking at things on shops shelves, sush as books, magazines, DVDs, sometimes I have to stand back to see what's on the lower shelves. Then someone walks through between me and the shelves, no excuse me or anything. I'M FECKIN WELL STANDING HERE LOOKING AT STUFF YOU TWUNT!

2). I'm at the counter talking to a shop assistant, the shop telephone rings, then they stop our conversation to answer the phone. I HAVE GONE TO THE TROUBLE OF COMING TO YOUR SHOP TO SPEAK TO YOU BUT YOU'D RATHER TALK TO SOMONE ON THE PHONE WHO HASN'T BOTHERED TO DO ANYTHNG EXCEPT DIAL A NUMBER! TWUNT!

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
Two things get my dander up, both in shops.

1). When I'm looking at things on shops shelves, sush as books, magazines, DVDs, sometimes I have to stand back to see what's on the lower shelves. Then someone walks through between me and the shelves, no excuse me or anything. I'M FECKIN WELL STANDING HERE LOOKING AT STUFF YOU TWUNT!

2). I'm at the counter talking to a shop assistant, the shop telephone rings, mad they stop our conversation to answer the phone. I HAVE GONE TO THE TROUBLE OF COMING TO YOUR SHOP TO SPEAK TO YOU BUT YOU'D RATHER TALK TO SOMONE ON THE PHONE WHO HASN'T BOTHERED TO DO ANYTHNG EXCEPT DIAL A NUMBER! TWUNT!
Your dander has never got up enough, haven't you ever leaned over and cut them off?

Top Bottom